FFE | Connection Great Within

Zayn didn't know how in the world this happened but Wendi found his Twitter account, followed him, and slid into his DM's like everything was cool. The way he had his Twitter set up anybody could DM him, and he needed to change that really quickly. He had replied to her once, but that was a huge mistake on his part because she kept on texting him. Wendi was needy and a bit obnoxious. Zayn didn't want to be rude but he just wasn't interested in her. And plus, he didn't really know her like that.

Daila has been texting him saying that Wendi couldn't stop talking about Zayn. She did ask for Zayn's number from Daila but he straight up told her no. He didn't sugarcoat it or anything. If Zayn wasn't comfortable being around Wendi then what makes her think that he's gonna be cool texting her? Zayn was thankful to have a friend like Daila, because he wasn't good at handling these situations at all. News has it that she's been coming over Daila's place as she "tagged along" with Zendaya whenever she came over. So Zayn was keeping his distance for awhile.

Meanwhile, he has made amends with his other two sisters and has been spending more time with his family. That was everything to him being on summer break. College has kept him really busy, and now that he has this time to spend with the people he loves then he won't let any of it go to waste. Here and there he would check up on Ellie to see how she was doing. Everytime they were together they learned something new about each other. In Zayn's eyes, the way their relationship was slowly improving is what made him feel very happy.

A week has passed and summer was now here. It was the beginning of June, which meant that a lot of people were getting ready for it. Word has it that a new botanical garden has opened up downtown, and it was the city's growing attraction to kick off the summer. Zayn didn't want to necessarily go by himself, so he invited Ellie to go with him. His nosey sisters of his decided to go get Ellie dressed up even though he emphasized that it wasn't a date. Still, they rushed off while he got himself ready at Daila's place.

"You like this dress Ellie?" Doniya asked the twenty-one year old woman who was staring at herself in the full body mirror in her room. It was a strapless heart shaped dress, the color of it was a pastel blue and it stopped just above her knee. The other girls in the room thought she looked absolutely beautiful.

Ellie nodded, a smile coming onto her face, "Yes..yeah, I do."

"Great, it's my turn!" Waliyha squealed a bit too loudly which caused Ellie to groan at the sound.

"Waliyha," the two older sisters scolded softly.

"Sorry," the second oldest grimaced, remembering that Ellie didn't like it when people talked loudly when they were suppose to use inside voices. "I'm just excited."

Ellie had sat down in her vanity chair, eyebrows coming together as she looked down at her dress "For what?"

The two other sisters looked at Waliyha because they knew that the real reason why she was excited. It's because she's happy that Ellie is slowly breaking out of her shell, because they learned that years ago she didn't converse with anybody besides her mother. And it so happens that she has been asked to go out somewhere nice by their brother, so Waliyha was really excited for her.

"For breaking out of your shell," Waliyha hummed as she did her hair. "Now, how do you want your hair styled?"

"Can you put it..it high?" Ellie asked motioning her hands up. "As a bun, please?"

"Sure thing hun," Waliyha smiled, using some of her hair products—in which Ellie told her all about since Waliyha wanted to know more about African American hair.