Alpha Summers and Moonlight

Alpha Christopher Summers sits behind his wooden desk filled with paperwork. He summoned his mother, father, and the five warriors he assigned to protect Nicole—whom Nicole has been friends with since her childhood. His parents remain seated on the couch while the warriors stand in attention.

The Alpha's office became eerily silent after Jeremiah's report.

"No one expected this to happen," Yvette, the former Luna and Christopher's mother, comments. Like her husband and son, she is still trying her best to accept this fact.

Her daughter is destined to be mated with their rival pack's heir. It's like something straight out of a movie.

"Out of all the werewolves in this realm, she had to be mates with the Midnight Moon Pack's Heir?!" Vincent fumes. He finds it hard to accept this arrangement.

Chris leans forward, putting his arms on the desk. "She carries the real Alpha blood in her veins, after all. What could be more fitting than an Alpha heir being mated to one with Alpha blood?"

"How are you calm about this? The problem between their pack and ours has been here for four decades," the former Alpha replies angrily.

His wife puts her hand on his shoulder, doing her best to calm him with her touch. "Perhaps it's the will of the Goddess to settle our differences and be at at peace with each other," Yvette suggests as her mate relaxes.

"Are you certain that he is Nikki's mate?" the Alpha asks the warriors to clarify once again before standing up.

Jace takes one step forward, answering for the group. "I had the chance of speaking to him personally, Alpha. He claims that he'll tell her himself if we won't."

The Alpha's growl echoes inside the office, silencing the people inside the room. Of course, every werewolf near the premises could have heard it, if it weren't for the soundproof walls of the Blood Moon packhouse.

"You five are dismissed. Go guard my sister. Wherever she is. She should not run into the werewolves from the Midnight Moon pack."

The five wolves bow their heads, saying, "Understood, Alpha."

Once Nicole's guards are out of sight, the Alpha slumps back in his chair pinching the bridge of his nose. A million thoughts are running rampant in his head. The pack's business has been going well, at least. He, however, had to deal with the sightings of vampires within the vicinity. He also had to create a plan of peace with the Midnight Moon pack. Now, another problem is added to the list.

"Nicole finding her mate changes everything. Our plans of letting her take over the pack are ruined," he grumbles while forcing his eyes shut.

Yvette laughs at her son's rigidity. "You don't have to take it all to heart by yourself, son. Nikki's still here with us. We'll solve this problem together."

"You're forgetting the main point here, wife. Nikki will be forced to accept her werewolf lineage whether she likes it or not. The Goddess Herself gave her a soulmate," Vincent argues, holding his chin with his hand.

Yvette sighs. "I vowed to let her live the life she wants. But she'll need to know about this part of her soon. That way, she'll decide on her own if she'll live her life with us supernatural creatures or live a life as a normal human. Her birthday is coming up, we still haven't told her anything."

'Merry, I think I failed this part of my promise to you,' Yvette thinks to herself.

The couple has a troubled expression on their face, skeptical about telling their third child the truth. They did not want her to think differently of them. That will surely happen once she finds out she's not their biological daughter. The possibility that she'll question everything they've done for her was high. Will Nikki forgive them for hiding the truth?