The Captured Vampire

"You seem ecstatic. Did you and your mate perhaps share a kiss?" Xandrine teases the moment Leandre arrives at home. She sits on the couch, a bowl of strawberries in her hand. "Considering you left your little sister while she was still having her classes, I guess you were trying to have a good time with her after school?"

"To be fair, I asked Dylan and Xavier to take you home, Sandy," Leandre replies as he puts his backpack on the floor, plopping himself on the couch beside his sister.

On the television screen airs one of the episodes of F.R.I.E.N.D.S., his sister's favorite TV show. Their house remains silent and empty when Dylan and Xavier aren't around. The current Alpha and Luna of the pack are at the packhouse, doing their duties and helping out the other members staying at the packhouse. Leandre doesn't inherit the pack until he turns 21 years old but he is in training to be the pack Alpha by joining in the warriors during their duties.

"How did the date go? Successful, I hope?" She inquires as she dips her strawberry in yogurt and pops it in her mouth. She gives her brother a teasing grin and nudges his elbow.

Leandre rolls his eyes. "I wouldn't call it a date, but nevertheless, it went well. Except for the fact that I replied shamelessly once. My damned wolf can't control himself around her." Leandre flicks his forehead thrice as he remembers answering Nicole's recommendation with a green joke. Hopefully, she didn't think of him as one of those playboys who enjoy flirting with girls.

"So? How's her take about you being her mate? You're so lucky. I thought for sure I was going to find my mate," Sandy rants. Her face grimaces after she takes a bite off the strawberry. "For some reason, I still enjoy eating these despite them being sour."

Leandre snorts at his sister's remark. "You eat too much."

Sandy grabs the pencil case beside her and throws it at his face. "Never say that to a girl ever. Especially your mate. She'd probably punch you in the face if you did." In a quiet voice, she adds, "I'd punch you right now, but I don't want to ruin my mood."

"I was just kidding, sis. You're probably stronger than our average pack fighters anyway."

"I know. I still don't understand why mom and dad won't allow me on patrol," Sandy grumbles as she focuses her attention on the TV screen. "It gets pretty boring when I'm home alone. Maybe I should invite your mate next time, then tell her to reject you because of your cruel comment earlier."

Leandre ruffles her hair before grabbing her bag. "She probably won't... I hope." He shakes his head and adds, "I'm on border patrol with the other sentinels until midnight. See you then."

Sandy lazily gives him a thumbs up and continues to watch her show.

Leandre stands up and proceeds to his room, putting his bag on his study table. He opens his closet and takes out a pair of black walking shorts and a black loose shirt. 'It'll be easier for me to shift if I wear these. I'm still going to remove them and leave them behind one of the bushes anyway'

'Dylan, any news on what I asked you to check?' he mind-links his best friend.

'Xav and I inspected the area around the coffee shop. There were no suspicious people, however, there was a lingering scent of blood.' Dylan answers indicating his interest in the scenario.

Leandre grabs the magic stone on his table and it glows, providing him a map of the town. The area behind the cafe is consists of trees that lead to a forest.

She mentioned she felt like she was watched. But the booth we sat at was near the main road. Could they have been hiding somewhere people won't suspect them? Why would they feel the need to watch Nikki anyway? If they were part of her guards, I would understand... But if they were someone else...