Valerie's Secret

Valerie shifts uncomfortably in her seat.

The reason is neither how she's assigned to tutor Nicole about the werewolf world nor how Chris asked her to contact the Nycthopian witch coven to send a witch to officiate the ritual. No, those two are not it at all. As a matter of fact, she is used to her duties as part-sentinel and part-scout. These are roles that Alpha heirs are required to be knowledgeable of after all.

Her thoughts keep drifting to a specific blonde male with hazel-colored eyes, and how his ripped muscles always get displayed whenever he wears a fitted tee or a button-up shirt. Whenever he is around, she always tries her hardest to not catch his attention but at the same time, she desires it.

What is it about this guy that is making her think about him lately? Is it the fact that his aura neither radiates between human and werewolf? Or is it that he has been so nice to Nicole despite her unique looks that make the others think she's weird?

"Oh if I could just see him shirtless," she thinks loudly.

She realizes her mistake and clamps her hand over her mouth. She just had to say that when her brother is in the same room. Seeing the pitcher still half-full of orange juice, she takes her glass and fills it up.

"See who shirtless?" Chris interrogates, snapping his head to Valerie. He narrows his eyes at his little sister's behavior. "Did you meet your mate and kept it a secret?

Valerie chokes at Chris's assumption. He just had to assume she was thinking about her mate.

Chris rolls his eyes and throws a towel at her. Valerie catches it swiftly despite the long distance between them.

"So? Am I correct or am I right?" Chris questions, leaning on his desk.

Valerie glares at him, not liking the subject at hand. "Neither. I haven't met my mate yet. I won't find mind until you find yours, big bro." She winks while wiping the juice off of her leather vest. She groans when she sees the juice has reached her white shirt.

"You speak as if you have a choice," Chris comments, referring to when she'll find her mate. "Go get changed. I'll check on Nikki." Chris exits his office, leaving Valerie to her thoughts once again.

Valerie sighs. "What the hell is wrong with me?"

Valerie rushes to the communal shower room to grab one of her shirts from her locker. She puts on the new shirt and places her soiled shirt into one of the laundry baskets.

She shakes her head and slaps her cheeks, trying to get the image of that person out of her mind. There's no point thinking about him when she's not even sure if he's her mate. She'd rather stay single than be in a relationship where she's unsure about her feelings, even if they are mates. It is a given that those who are mates feel a connection and a bond that only they could have. Because of that, they most likely will fall in love.

Valerie doesn't believe in soulmates though. What she does believe in are a person's true feelings and intentions. Though the idea of having a mate seems ideal for people who don't want to go through the process of looking for potential partners, she does not share the same sentiments.

The male's hazel-colored eyes appear in her head once again.

"UGH! Get out of my head!" She groans and stomps her way back to the Alpha's office.

Chris busies himself with educating Nicole about the signages in the place with the shifting torch in his hand while Valerie was away. Catching a glimpse of boredom on Nikki's face, Valerie decides to rescue her.

"I'm here. Let's get going," announces Valerie, gleaming. All thoughts of her dream boy have slowly escaped the corners of her mind. "I'll be taking that." She grabbed the torch from Chris's hand.