51 ☻

Every Rose Has It's Thorn | Poison
_

This was everything Dan had hoped for. Anyone in his place would be ecstatic. The girl he liked, liked him back and now they were going on their first official date.

But unlike everyone else, Dan felt a mixture of happiness and sadness.
Yes, he was over the moon but at the same time, his mind was preoccupied by Phil.

It had been hardly a month since the two of them had started to speak but Phil was the kind of person that anyone could trust. Dan had soon felt himself being comfortable with Phil.

He felt as if he could tell Phil everything.
Maybe that's why Phil was angry with him?

Because even if Dan felt as if he could tell Phil everything, there was that one tiny detail he purposely and conveniently forgot to mention to Phil.

He never told him that it was Zoe he liked.

To be honest it had kind of slipped out of his mind. But when he got to know that Zoe and Phil were related, he didn't know what to do.

Phil knew Zoe.

Dan didn't want Phil to hate him because of that. But now he wishes that he had just sucked it up and told Phil. With Phil acting this weird, Dan wasn't able to think straight anymore. He was getting distracted.

And Dan hated feeling this way. Probably even more than how much Phil hates him currently.

Shaking his head slightly, in hopes that the gesture would help him magically forget about Phil for a few hours, Dan hesitantly pressed the doorbell and clutched onto the flowers that he had gotten for Zoe, probably even hurting his hands on the sharp thorns on the stems, because his grip was that tight.

The sounds of Zoe opening the door from the other side, brought Dan back to reality and he felt his lips pulling upwards at the thought of spending some time with her.

He would try apologizing to Phil later. But for now, he would try his best to make Zoe have a good time.

The door finally opened and Dan looked up, expecting to meet blue eyes. Blue eyes are what he looked back at alright, but they weren't the shade that belonged to the girl that stole his heart.

No,

They were the most beautiful pair of blue eyes that he had ever looked at.

And they belonged to Phil.

Speak of the devil and he doth appear.
In this case, it was his mind that was speaking about the devil.

Shite.