20. The World Cup

When Hermione came over for their morning exercises, Harry decided to tell her about his dream. He smiled and blushed as he said, "Last night, I dreamed I was alone in a library with you."

Her ears turned slightly pink. "D-did you?" He nodded. She seductively asked, "What were we doing in the library?"

He smiled. "You were reading at a table and I sat down across from you. You put down your book, carefully marking your place like you always do, and licked your lips."

"Like this," she practically purred, leaning toward him as her tongue moistened her lips.

"Mmm Hmm," he nodded, licking his own lips and leaning toward hers.

"Then what happened," she asked softly.

"Well, I leaned forward like this, and just before our lips met..." He paused for affect, with his lips less than a centimeter from hers. "...You turned into Wormtail." He burst out laughing at the look of surprise and disgust on her face.

She slapped his arm and said, "That's not funny!"

"The look on your face is," he defended. "But seriously, that wonderful dream was interrupted by a Voldemort nightmare that Sirius thinks was a vision that really happened." He then told her about the nightmare and his scar hurting and Sirius' opinion that Voldemort was gaining strength.

Hermione looked scared. "Well, at least you told him about it and you guys wrote Dumbledore about it."

"Yeah, but the worst part is that I lost a dream that promised to be really great," he said pouting. "Believe me, I'd much rather dream about you."

"I'd guess you would rather dream of anybody but Voldemort," she said grinning at him.

"True," he said with a smirk, "but I'd rather dream of you than anybody else."

"Maybe we can try and figure out what would've happened in your dream," she said as she licked her lips again and leaned toward him."

❾¾ ❾¾❾¾❾¾ ❾¾❾¾❾¾

The next day after training, Harry and Hermione went to the Burrow with Ginny to spend the night so they could leave early for the Quidditch World Cup. Sirius couldn't go because he was still working on his lesson plans. Arthur, Bill, Charlie, Fred, George, Ron, Ginny, Harry, and Hermione went. (*for those who've forgotten, Percy's already left the family*)

After they arrived and set up the tents at the World Cup, Harry, Hermione, Ginny, and Ron looked around at the souvenirs. Early on in their shopping, Ron spent most of his money on a figurine of Viktor Krum, despite the fact that he was supporting the other team. When they ran across a saleswizard with omnioculars, Harry was gonna buy a pair for all four of them, but Ron said, "No, don't bother."

"Alright," said Harry, and then he looked at the saleswizard. "Make it three pairs."

"What?" exclaimed Ron. "Why are you getting Ginny a pair and not me?"

"Because she wants one," said Harry grinning. "You said you didn't. You haven't changed your mind now, have you?"

As they all stared at Ron, his face turned purple as he thought about what he wanted. "Alright, get me a pair, but you don't have to get me Christmas or birthday presents for the next five years."

"Okay. Make it four pairs."

❾¾ ❾¾❾¾❾¾ ❾¾❾¾❾¾

Not long after that, they went to the stands to get to their seats. They weren't pleased to find they were seated near the Malfoys, and Harry found himself wondering if he were good enough at dueling now to take out Lucius. He knew any squib could take out Draco, but he'd never seen Mr. Malfoy duel. He figured he probably couldn't beat Lucius yet, but that by this time next year he'd be able to.