34. Explosion

Through the use of their special contact lenses, Harry and Hermione silently watched a disillusioned man in a black cloak, wearing a Death Eater mask until Harry came up with a plan.

"Hermione," he whispered, "Keep an eye on him while I get help."

"How long will you be gone?" she asked with concern.

"Just a minute. I'm just going around the corner to call Dobby. If you scream, I'll hear you. Be careful. Oh, and put your hood and gloves on." He added that at the last second as he remembered the armor they were wearing. He followed his own advice, pulling his gloves out of his pocket.

He kissed her and hurried to a good spot. "Dobby."

He heard a small pop in front of him. "Yes, the Great Harry Potter sir is calling Dobby and Dobby is..."

"Dobby, tell Professor Dumbledore that I have just seen a disillusioned Death Eater in this area, and that Hermione and I are following him. Ask him to come and bring help. I'm afraid that they're preparing to attack. After that, get both mine and Hermione's invisibility cloaks and bring them to me."

"Yes, sir," the elf said before vanishing with another small pop. Harry stuck his neck around the corner to make sure Hermione was alright. She was watching the Death Eater enter the book store and taking a few steps toward it when he hissed, "Wait a minute," causing her to stop and look at him. "We'll go in together once Dobby brings us something important."

❾¾ ❾¾❾¾❾¾ ❾¾❾¾❾¾

Professor Dumbledore was sipping a cup of tea inside his office when he was interrupted by a frantic-looking Dobby. "Professor Dumbledore, sir."

"Hello, Dobby. What can I do for you?"

"Master Harry Potter is seeing a Death Eater being disillusioned and walking around Hogsmeade. He and his Grangy is watching the bad wizard and is asking Dobby to tell you and ask you to help. Master Harry Potter is believing that the Death Eaters is preparing to attack."

"Thank you, Dobby," the headmaster said as he rose to his feet. Dobby disappeared with a small pop. As though summoned, his wand appeared in his blackened hand and he began sending out Patronuses to various faculty members.

❾¾ ❾¾❾¾❾¾ ❾¾❾¾❾¾

About a minute after Harry spoke to Hermione, Dobby appeared in front of them holding two invisibility cloaks. "Dobby is telling Albus Dumbledore Master Harry Potter's message and is getting the cloaks. Master Harry Potter, sir, here is your cloak and here is your Grangy's cloak."

"Thanks, Dobby." He turned to his girlfriend. "I believe this would count as an emergency situation to use your cloak in, don't you agree?"

"Give it here," she said with a grin.

A minute later, both of them were entering the bookstore as a third year student they didn't know opened the door to exit. They looked around and soon found that the Death Eater was standing near the entrance with his wand out, clearly waiting for something. Deciding that it would be stupid to wait and see what the murderer was planning on doing, Harry pulled out his wand, got behind the Death Eater, pushed his wand out of the cloak just enough to aim and silently stupefy him. The criminal, still invisible, fell with a thud, hitting a shelf and knocking a few books down.

"What was that?" asked a lot of kids as Harry shot another spell at the Death Eater, revealing him for all to see as ropes were conjured around him.

"It's a Death Eater! How'd he get stunned? Who did that?"

Still invisible, Harry did what he thought was a reasonable course of action. He lied. Changing his voice as best he could, he began speaking. "Yes that's a Death Eater, and I stunned him because I'm an auror. We believe the village is about to be attacked, and this git was going to trap you in here. I suggest you all head back to Hogwarts calmly while I check out other businesses for more criminals."