Kim Taehyung (Part 2/2)

김태형

You sighed as you walked towards your hotel room slowly. You took out your key card and unlocked the door. Just as you had expected, they were no where to be seen. You felt like breaking down right then and there.

No. You came back with a decision (Y/N). You cannot back out now.

You sat down on the bed and pulled out your laptop. You quickly began skimming through websites to book the cheapest and earliest ticket back to Korea.

You never had to book tickets for yourself before as this was your first trip outside Korea. But it wasn't too hard to figure it out.

Once you had booked it, you closed your laptop and began packing. You grabbed all your clothes, accessories, makeup and toiletries and stuffed it in your suitcase. Just then your phone pinged with a message in your pocket. You whipped it out to see the message. It was from Taehyung.

Hi baby I'm outside with Jiyeon
I'm taking her for ice cream. I
was looking for you but you had left
You don't have to wait up for us
We might be late
Good night. I love you.

You had a hunch as to where they had gone. And you were right. Taehyung always took you out for ice cream to cheer you up when you were down. And he is doing the same thing for her.

But what made you the most frustrated was when he texted 'I love you'. It hurt you deeply inside because you love him too. But he probably goes around saying that to her too as if those words don't hold much meaning. But to you, those words hold a deep meaning and you never say them to just anyone.

You love him.

You angrily started to type a reply.

You guys have fun ok?
Don't worry about me
I wouldn't stay up even if I wanted to
See you... back home.

You locked your phone and stuffed it in your pocket. This way, you wouldn't change your mind.

You grabbed a wad of your emergency cash that Taehyung had kept for safety and checked out of the room. You managed to hail a taxi to take you to the airport.

"Bonsoir." The driver greeted you with a small smile as he got out of the car to help you with your luggage.

"Bonsoir." You replied tightly.

"Airport?" He asked you as he looked at you through the rear view mirror. You nodded and closed the car door.

The ride to the airport was quite uneventful as you let your mind wander to various thoughts. What will Taehyung's reaction be? Will he be angry? Will he even realize you're gone? If he does, when? Are you actually going through with this?

Just when you were about to chicken out and turn back, the driver screeched to a halt right outside the terminal you needed to be at. It jolted you out of your thoughts.

"Madame? Nous sommes arrivés..." He turned to look at you.

You blinked and smiled sheepishly. "Ah, Je suis désolée." You quickly paid him the amount and got out of the cab.