Chapter 3: The Thrill of the Chase

HEY EVERYBODY THIS IS CARPBOY009 HERE!

Nothing new to report so far other than i'm still making and writing new chapters. New chapters will be up soon, just wait and see.

I honestly wish i could say more than that but there isn't really much else to say.

...So... Good talk.

This is a fanfiction, BUY THE MERCHENDICE!!

The Treasure which you think not worth taking trouble and pains to find, this alone is the real treasure you are longing for all your life. The glittering treasure you are hunting for day and night lies buried on the other side of that hill yonder – B. Traven

Nate had found himself wondering down the road once again. Heading back to the ally way that he found himself in. he needed a place to be alone for a small while and plan his escape. He could come up with a plan, go to the tourist spot Dexter had told him about, then wing it from there. No matter how much Nate wanted to believe that all that was a bunch of bullshit hoopla. 'did I seriously just think that? God... I'm becoming more like Sully every day.' He couldn't just shrug it off. Something was seriously wrong with this place. With the different people and aliens walking around. To the constant flying cars and floating ships everywhere. To the futuristic holograms that played freaky alien sci fi commercials. Nate wasn't in the Bermuda anymore.

"hagh..." he sighed. "Ok Nate, you need to find a way in that temple and find a map home." He looked up and noticed that there was at least two hours before the evening would come. He decided that he could find a way into the temple tomorrow morning. He could find a 'taxi' later to know where he could find it later. Right now he needed food. "heh. Starting to regret leaving the diner." He spoke to himself. His stomach was starting to grumble for not eating in three days. Ever since he had been in Porter Rico at the motel when Sully had eaten the last of the breakfast before they left. He never had anything the next day when they were on the island except for a few nutrition bars. And those did little to nothing to help ease the hunger.

Nate was walking down the street he had before and looked around for any kind of food joint. But the only problem was that this street seemed only to be full of clubs and other sady businesses that he knew would only spell trouble for him. So he kept on moving down. Eventually making his way to a small little store in the wall of a building that looked like some kind of food stand. Nate approached and sat down at the counter. He didn't know what to expect. Not only food wise but what kind of person was there. What he did expect was there would be SOME kind of food there and that would be enough. A Purple alien walked through the kitchen. In a way he looked a lot like that blue skinned alien that Nate met earlier that day. The only differences being that this was a guy and his skin was purple. 'are these guys always different colors or what?' he thought. Interrupting his thoughts was said purple alien speaking, interrupting his thoughts.

"Ahh. Welcome to The Food Alley. Only place this side of Corasant to give you decent food for half the price!" He said as he gestured towards the food in the glass shelving behind him. "Now my good sir what would you like?" He asked with his hands cupped. Making him look like your classic shady business dealer. Nate already didn't like what his prices were going to be but with little to no choice he decided to order something basic on his menu. The man brought out the dish simple food that is preferred by most commoners. The man asked for 25 credits. Nate pulled out all the little bits of gold and silver that he had only to get yelled at by the purple guy. "What you don't have the money!? Get out of my store! You degenerates always try to ruin my business with your credit less hides stinking up the place! GO!" he demanded. As he turned his head Nate noticed another customer coming into the small restaurant stand. The Purple man was distracted long enough for Nate to leave two of the smaller trinkets of the silver behind as he left with the bowl of food in hand. It wasn't until he was around thirty yards away when he heard a distinct but still very loud "HEY!" coming from the direction he left.