Chapter 4: The Jedi's Intervention

The object that held in his hand was of a silver looking color. With some odds and additions around. But what made Nate speechless was the pure blue light that escaped from the device. It activated and made an oddly satisfying 'SWOOM' sound. The light it gave off, even in the golden orange glow of evening, you could see the blue illuminate to area around it. Nate stood lowering his gun as he stared at the unworldly sight before him. The man swung his sword pointing it at Nate. His face was serious and full of determination.

"You're under arrest by the Jedi order. This is your last chance, or I won't hesitate to take you by force." He looked dead into Nates eyes. Nate, deep inside, was a little intimidated by this guy. Probably because he had some glowing sword of justice pointed at him. He gripped his gun harder. 'I'm probably going to regret this...' he thought before he pointed it towards the man who in response gripped his weapon as well.

"Well, I'm flattered." He paused to drink in the look of confusion on his face. "But I've got plans." He finished and fired two shots towards him. The man moved his arms and legs into a stance swing his sword in two solid places then froze. 'what?' was all Nate could think. He fired a few more shots only to see the man move his sword again exactly in the spots where Nate had aimed for. 'is he blocking my shots!?' he thought incredulously. There was a small moment before fired several more shots until his clip rang empty once again. "Augh, dammit!" he said as he ducked down to reload his weapon. When he had replaced the disposed ammo and put the bullet in the chamber he was about to start shooting again when he heard slight creaking. Then it stopped. And then grew louder. He looked at the dumpster swearing to god he just saw it move without him touching it. Then like a bat out of hell the dumpster literally FLEW to the side of the street into the wall of an old abandoned building. All that came to mind was "JESUS CHRIST!" what the Hell happened? Nate turned his gaze back to the man. His glowing sword of justice, which is what he would be calling it from now on, was pointed away while his other hand was thrown to his left. As if he just thrown something out of the way. The soldiers hadn't moved at all like nothing had happened. The smaller stranger in a cloak was walking forward. Her hands went up and removed her cloak revealing a new sight. What Nate saw was an orange skinned alien girl. But not like the other multi colored aliens he saw before. This one had markings along her face as well tails that came over her shoulders to the front. But her head looked like it had horns that were connected to her tail-hair. Her green eyes being the only thing standing out in the strange sea of orange on the girls face.

"You just had to annoy him did you? Now then," she pulled out two items from her waist under her cloak.

'Those look a lot like like-' "SVVUUM, SKKSSSHH" '...what he had' what should he do now. He watched as she got into a, assuming it's what it looked like, ninja stance. 'this is bad. Very, very bad.' Nate was outmanned and outgunned. Reasoning spoke for him to just drop the gun and give up. But another part of him said that getting caught would be worse later down the road than if he ran. Nate lowered the gun earning the young alien to raise an eyebrow. The man and other soldiers didn't even budge. Nate took his gun and holstered it under his cloak. Then started to undue his cloak. A small and very dumb idea in mind. He then raised his hands in surrender. This made the young alien girl lower from her stance while the man only lowered his sword a few inches.

"Catcher. Remove him of his weapon." The man ordered to where the soldier only replied by moving closer to Nates position. His weapon trained on him the whole time. He was only a few yards from Nate now. He had only one last option for the flight part of his plan.

"Yeah, come on Catcher... Come and get it." Nate said. The man scowled at this knowing he was going to try something but didn't know what yet. The younger alien only watched the scene play out with a curious eye. What was he planning to do? Even Nate didn't know. And just by looking at him she could tell he didn't even know. He was going to wing it. Worked out so far but look where that got him.