Chapter 3

Being in love with her best friend was a curse.

Not because Kara was a super-powered alien, not because of their families' history, but because if she found out Lena's feelings, it could ruin them.

Lena knew that Kara would try her hardest to get passed it, but she saw how things were between her and Winn, and her and James. She knew that the awkwardness would be just as intense, if not more so, between herself and Kara.

She sat next to Kara three weeks later, right after their sixth round of mind blowing sex that night. She was breathless, and Kara wasn't saying a word, just staring up at the ceiling like she was about to burn a hole through it... which was entirely possible with her laser vision.

"What's going through your mind?"

Kara looked over at her and sighed contentedly. "Today marks seven months."

Lena's heart dropped.... Kara was still hurting over the Slave Owner. It killed her, but she knew that with all that Kara had lost, it only made sense for Kara to still be heartbroken. She needed her friend's support, and that was precisely what Lena intended to give her, no matter how bad it destroyed her heart to see Kara still hung up on someone else. "I'm sorry, Kara. I had no idea you were still keeping track of the days Mon-El has been gone." Lena croaked out. "It must hurt. I can't begin to pretend to understand what you must be feeling."

Kara furrowed her brow. "No, Lena." The Kryptonian said as she shook her head. "Seven months since we started this." She motioned between herself and Lena. "You know... the extra benefits."

Lena's heart melted at Kara's adorable mannerisms and the fact that she had been keeping track of how long they'd been... together-ish. "Is that so?"

Kara nodded. "Yes. Happy Friendiversary." She giggled.

Lena smiled despite herself. She'd rather have a real Anniversary with Kara, and preferably her last name as well, but if this was all Kara could give her, Lena would greedily accept. "Happy Friendiversary, Kara."

Kara's smile turned predatory as she tackled Lena onto the bed and positioned herself on top of her.

They were both naked, which meant their bare breasts were touching, and although they had been in that particular position approximately four hundred and forty-eight times, Lena was still breathless by the sensation.

"I think we should make tonight and today special, don't you?" Kara asked.

Lena gulped, excitement and anticipation streaming through her veins. "How?"

Kara grinned. "By beating our record." She declared. "We've had sex six times tonight, which is the highest we normally go. So, I say we go for seven since that's how many months we've been doing this together. What'd you say? You up for the challenge?"

Lena nodded her head; she'd always be up for this.

Kara beamed at her and leaned in, kissing Lena much more passionately than usual which set the brunette's heart on fire. Lena moaned and wrapped her arm around the Kryptonian above her, never wanting this night to end. Never wanting to wake up the next morning to see Kara getting around to leave once again.

Kara's hands were all over her body as Lena lay beneath her, enjoying every single feather-like caress.

"Kara," Lena whispered as their bodies touched. Kara smiled softly at her from above, slowly intertwining their bodies.

"Yes, Lena?" The Kryptonian whispered into Lena's ear, her warm breath sending shivers down Lena's spine.

The CEO gulped. "I-I need." She trailed off, unable to form the rest of the sentence.