Chapter 5 - Snooping

Hi guys!

If you are still reading this then THANK YOU! Hope you're enjoying it! Sorry the updates are a little slow, I've been soooo busy the last few weeks, but I'm aiming to finish the story however long it takes!

Huge thank you to @-gozi-for the beautiful new cover! Do you guys like it?

Let me know what you think in the comments! 
Becky xx

---

Chapter 5

Snooping

I woke up disorientated, lost in visions of the rolling sea, Mum's furious face and Kye's storm-like eyes...

Kye. I bolted upright in my bed as the night before came flooding back to me. It wasn't a dream. He had been real and right here in the house. And now I had no idea where he was or if I'd ever see him again.

I thought of his bare skin in the distance. The splash of the water and the glimpse of something I still couldn't explain. Had I dreamed that part? Because it didn't feel like a dream. Somehow, it was like a strange kind of truth I had been searching for my whole life...

My stomach grumbled loudly beneath the covers. I'd forgotten to eat last night with everything that had happened. I gave a stretch and rolled out of bed, then headed downstairs in search of breakfast. The front door key was back on the key-hook which meant I was no longer under house-arrest, thank God, but there was no sign of Mum anywhere.

After searching for her in her painting room, I tried the kitchen where a hastily scribbled note was resting on the counter.

Lennon – Setting up the stall early today. I'll be back later to work on my commission and I'd rather not be disturbed. Love you. xx

Typical Mum. She'd rather run away from a problem than have to face up to it. She probably hoped that by the evening I'd have forgotten all about the Kye drama and that everything would carry on like nothing had happened.

Well, there was no way I was forgetting about this situation. I needed answers, and no matter how much she hedged me off, I'd find them. Eventually.

Kye... My heart twisted as I remembered him all over again. His arm curling around me as I held him up. The way he had looked at me like he saw right into my soul. He knew me. I didn't know him, but he knew me... Who was he?

Over the next half hour, I wolfed down three bowls of cereal in a row, then had a scalding hot shower, hoping it would bring me some clarity.

I was going to find him no matter what. I would search up and down the beach then swim out as far as I could into the sea. All day and all night. I'd call out for him and he would hear me. I knew that somehow he would hear me.

Just as I was pulling on my beanie and getting ready to go, there was a gentle knock at the door. My stomach lurched. Had he come back? It struck me like lightning that I missed him. I didn't even know him and yet I missed him. I would have given anything to open the door and have seen him there, all wild hair and knowing grin and dark, open eyes.

Taking a deep, deep breath, I opened the door.

"Lennon, what the heck is going on with you?!"

It was Keiko. I'm ashamed to admit that my heart sunk with disappointment. But only for the slightest second.

"I've tried calling and texting you like a billion times! What happened to you yesterday?"

I unzipped the pocket in my shorts to find my phone, still in there. Completely dead. "Sorry. I guess I ran out of battery."