part five: time travel?

Dean and Cas go to the store after the panel and get the stuff required for a spell. They go to Cas's basement and set up drawing the symbols and mixing the herbs. Cas stands in the symbol on the floor and closes his eyes. Dean drinks him in. He keeps one eye scrunched shut but opens the other "Dean!' he whispers. "Dean! Start it"

Misha  didn't think this would work, he didn't think the spells from the show were real but he didn't see the harm in letting Jensen think he's Dean. Jensen started the incantations in an odd language, if it could even be called a language. Misha stood there thinking about how Jensen kissed him earlier. Heat enveloped his whole body and he thought it was from his thoughts, but then it got too hot. It felt like his body was being submerged in lava, but inside out. He screamed out and saw Jensen's face fall with horror before his eyes clenched shut and he fell to his knees.

Dean rushed over to Cas's side. He helped him up  and was flooded with joy when Cas opened his eyes and they were growing a bright blue. Cas. His real Cas.
"Cas." He said, still not believing it.
"Dean? DEAN!" Cas tackled Dean to the ground in a hug strong enough to break somebody. "Dean i-" Dean cut him off. "I thought you were dead?!"
"I was." Cas said. "But not really me me."
"Wha- Cas what does that mean?"
"Well," Cas moved his head as if he was physically searching for
answers. "The witch, it was Rowena by the way, she put a spell on us but the spell put you into a different reality. In the new reality I was harmed but I got fixed by my angelic powers that might have left an essence. I'm not sure."
Dean wasn't sure he understood either. But he was happy Cas was here. "Cas how do I get back to you? Tell me how!"
"We've been looking and we think you have to kill whatever's keeping you in that reality."
"What, like a monster?"
"No Dean, I think you have to kill this vessel."
Dean was quiet. Could he kill Cas?
"Dean the spell is wearing off, come home to me." Then Cas fell to the ground again. He  struggles to his feet and looked around for Dean. "I'm sorry" Dean said and thrust his pocket knife into Cas's heart. Cas sputtered at Dean and choked on the blood pouring into his mouth and trickling down his chin. Cas grasped Dean's shoulder and fell slowly into his arms. Dean looked in his eyes the whole time, he didn't want to but he could look away. Like a car crash. Cas's body went limp and he once again held a dead and bloody Cas in his arms. He cried silently before once again being swept into darkness.