Revealed

YOUR POV

I lay in my bed, staring up at the ceiling. What a hectic day. Stopped some baddies, got invited to a pirate crew, got kidnapped, got invited to ANOTHER crew... I sighed and turned on my side. On my bedside table sat my goggles, as well as the two bandanas. One that was mine and the other from the Kid Pirates. Next to the goggles sat a portable chalkboard I had bought on my way home. It was unconventional, but it would have to do until I found something to replace my voice modifier. 

Luffy had invited me to meet the rest of his crew and join them for a meal at the ship. I had a little time before I had to go. He said he would grab me when they were ready. 

I should probably get ready so I am not caught with my face uncovered. Placing the goggles over my eyes I gingerly wipe the thin layer of dust that accumulated on them. I picked up the two bandanas and tied them in their respective places. I also grabbed a shoulder back I had made from materials given to me for saving a fabric store, but that is another story. I placed the chalkboard and a small container of chalk into it and head outside. 

Right outside my house, there was a bench. It was wooden and intricately designed. Swirls weaved in and out over the surface of the wood and delicately carved weavings were made into the backrest. My house was at the top of a grassy hill by the edge of the woods. The bench faced the tall hill. I sat down and watched the wind ripple the long blades of grass and make them wave gently. 

I closed my eyes for just a second.

"(M/N!!!)" A childish voice yelled as a pair of arms somehow wrapped three times around my waist before propelling me into the air as I let out a startled scream.

"KYAAAAAAAA!!!" I yelled as I face planted into the chest of my potential captain. 

"Huh? I thought you couldn't talk?" Luffy looked at me strangely before I quickly whipped out the chalkboard.

"I can't speak words, but I can make noises." I wrote. Luffy gave an 'ooooohhhh' as he nodded his head. 

"Well come on, the crew is excited to meet you!" He grins and grabs my arm, pulling me towards the ship. "Sanji is a great cook! You'll love his food!" He looked back at me, smile growing even wider as he daydreamed about food, drooling slightly. I Laughed lightly and followed behind the eager captain. 

+++++++++++

We arrived at the ship when the sun had just gone down. The ship was very large, with a big lion figurehead. The ship mast and deck were decorated with fairy lights and lanterns, effectively illuminating it. Luffy propelled himself, along with me, onto the deck. 

I could see seven other crewmembers on the deck at the time. I didn't see Sanji though, he was probably in the kitchen cooking or something. Luffy started pulling me along to different parts of the deck to meet the crew.

He pulled me first to a group of three. It consisted of a small boy, who now that I look at him better, he is a reindeer of some sorts. There was also a very large cyborg with electric blue hair and a man with a very long nose. 

"CHOPPER USSOP FRANKY!!!!" Luffy yelled. The long-nosed man covered his ears.

"We are right here, Luffy! No need to yell!" He complained.

"Shishishi, sorry Ussop!" Luffy chuckled, rubbing the back of his neck. "Oh! This is (m/n)! He is going to join us!" 

"SUUUPPPPPEERRRR!" The cyborg yelled asI winced. I wasn't used to all this noise. 

"(M/n), this is Chopper, Ussop, and Franky!" Luffy said as he pointed to the reindeer, the long-nosed man, and the cyborg respectively. I grabbed my chalkboard and quickly scribbled a note. 

"Nice to meet you all. But I am unsure of my position in joining your crew just yet."  I showed them the note. Ussop laughed and smacked me on the back. 

"You will join us, Luffy will never let you not." He laughed and I sweatdropped. 

"YOSH! Let's go meet more people!" Luffy exclaimed and dragged me off to the next crew member.

The next person I met was an extremely tall skeleton with a big bushy afro. I looked up at the hollow eyes in awe. 

"Brook this is (m/n)! He is joining our crew!" Luffy said to the skeleton, Brook. 

"YOHOHO Nice to meet you!" The skeleton cried as he held out a long bony hand for a shake. I gave a quick, firm shake. "Oh you have a strong handshake, I felt it in my bones! YOHOHOHOHOHO SKULL JOKE!" Brook laughed at his own bad pun and I couldn't help but smile slightly. Though he couldn't see it. I brought out my chalkboard and showed him the same message. 

"Oh, you can't talk?" Brook questioned. "Don't worry, I don't have a voice box either! " Brook laughed. I was going to correct him and tell him I have one, It just doesn't work, but I decided against it. Luffy seemed eager to get me to meet more people so we moved on.

"Oh, that is Zoro, you already met him." Luffy stopped, pointing to the mosshead on the deck, sleeping against a barrel. 

We walked up to the last two people I had to meet. One was a red-head with jeans and a bikini top while the other was tall with a jean jacket and a wrap-around skirt. 

"Nami! Robin! This is (m/n)! He is going to join our crew!" Luffy said. The two females whispered something to each other before greeting me. I showed them my chalkboard and they whispered again. I raised my eyebrow at them. 

"Nice to meet you." Robin finally said.

"Likewise!" Nami grinned, knowingly. I am getting slightly worried. 

"YOSh!" Luffy cried. "That is everyone! I am gonna go get meat!" He ran off, leaving me with the two girls. 

ROBIN POV:

When the new crew-member walked over I knew that they were using a facade. Nami seemed to sense this as well. I leaned over and whispered to her.

"That is a girl, isn't it..." I whispered to Nami. 

"I think so... there are many giveaways..." she whispered back. 

The new member gave us an odd look.

After a few minutes of greeting Luffy left to satisfy his never-ending hunger. 

"So, (m/n)..." Nami starts, leaning down slightly to their height "You can talk, can't you."

(m/n) shifted uncomfortably from foot to foot as Nami interrogated them. You could practically see the gears turning in their head, trying to debate whether or not to give themselves away. They finally sighed and nodded. 

"Is your name actually (m/n)?" I quietly asked as not to draw attention from the other crew members. Everyone else was off galavanting or in Zoro's case, sleeping. (M/N) Shook their head. 

"(y/n)" they mumbled. 

"You know, you really should tell the others your gender..." Nami started. (Y/n) vigorously shook their head. "Why not?"

"People treat me different when they find out I am a girl... they treat me like I am scum and can't do anything for myself..." She said.

"Well, we are girls, and we still get along fine. If anyone treats us different, we beat them!" Nami grins.  

"If you join our crew will you reveal your gender?" I ask (y/n). She thinks for a moment, then nods her head apprehensively. 

"Good!" Nami straightens up and pats (y/n's) back. "I can't wait for your big reveal!" She walks towards the kitchen.

"Why is everyone so confident I am gonna join this crew...." she mumbles. I smile at her. 

"I am sure you heard this before, but once Luffy wants someone on their crew..."

"He gets them." She finishes with a small chuckle. 

NEXT UPDATE: anytime from Saturday to Monday, most likely Monday though. PROBABLY TUESDAY BECAUSE OF MEMORIAL DAY