12

The evening was loud. They weren't celebrating or anything, it was just a typical time on the ship of the strawhats. 

Robin and Nami were reclining on lawn chairs sipping fruity drinks Sanji had prepared while Usopp, Chopper, and Luffy ran around playing tag. Brook was playing the violin while Franky was nowhere to be seen. Sanji was off in the kitchen and Zoro was asleep under one of Nami's tangerine trees. 

y/n sat on the deck near the playing boys, watching them run back and forth. Chopper had soon grown tired and broke off the group to go sit down. He plopped down next to y/n with a small oomph and began to watch the remaining two like y/n was doing. 

"Are you enjoying yourself?" Chopper piped up after a minute or two, looking up at the masked girl.  A swift nod was his response. "That's good!" He chirped, turning back to the duo running about. After another moment, he removed his trademark hat.

"Aw... I think I ripped it.." he pouted. y/n turned towards the little reindeer and motioned for the hat. Chopper handed it over with his little hooves as y/n pulled out a needle and thread from their pocket. After a short moment, the hat was fixed. Y/n ruffled the reindeer's fur and placed the hat back on his head, giving the hat a pat when finished. To her surprise, Chopper didn't thank her. He got up, did a cute little wiggle and exclaimed: "T-that doesn't make me happy... jerk!" All while smiling. 

y/n couldn't help herself. She scooped up Chopper and cuddled him. 

"HEY HEY HEY!" Chopper struggled for a moment before cuddling back. 

__________

"Hey M/n!" Franky called from the opening to his studio. y/n looked up from where she was sitting, which was now next to the two girls. "I made you a new voice fabricator! It should work, but I need you to give it a test!" 

The three girls exchanged a quick glance before y/n nervously went over to the cyborg, scribbling out something on the chalkboard. 

"I thought I told you not to go through the trouble."

"Huh? Well you are part of our crew now!" He chuckled, patting (More like slamming tbh) y/n on the back "We do this sort of thing for each other! It's no problem!" y/n gulped nervously trying to think of what to do to get herself out of this. Franky held out his hand with the device in it expectantly.

y/n stole another look toward the two females. Robin gave her a nod. She knew what that meant. Everything would be okay. She could trust them. Looking back towards Franky, she motioned to his studio to go in. 

Franky looked quizzical for a moment before coming to realization. "Ohh yeah. Privacy, your face, covering it, I get it." He nodded in understanding. "Though I will need to be in there to help you with it. It's my own design so you might need help figuring it out." Both headed into the room and Franky shut the door.

"So can you take off your bandana so I can help you put it on?" Franky said.

"No." y/n spoke.

"But you can't put on the device until..." he trailed off. He went to open his mouth wide to yell out his realization but y/n leaped forward and covered his mouth.

"Yes yes, I can speak. Are you gonna yell still?" y/n stated and Franky shook his head. Slowly, she took her hands away. 

"So why did you need a fabricator in the first place?" He questioned. Did... he not get it yet?

"It wasn't a fabricator, it was a modifier." y/n responded. She could practically see the gears turning in his mind. 

"OOOH YOU'RE A G-" Annnnnnd the hands back over the mouth.

"I have been trying  to keep that a secret." She stated. 

"So that's why you have this getup." He reasoned. y/n nodded. "I don't think you can keep the secret for long on this ship." He laughed. 

"Well, I told Robin and Nami I would reveal it if I joined."

"You'll join," Franky said knowingly. "and your secret is safe with me."