Shopping

Note: most still only think you are a guy.

The sun dabbled into the room through the window and the small holes in the decrepit walls. y/n sturred on the mattress of moss in the room. Papers scattered the wooden floor of the small house; drawings of dream houses, random citizens, buildings, lay on the yellowed papers. Next to the sleepy girl lay medicine and pencils. Melatonin to be precise. Insomnia had plagued her from birth. 

(y/n) slowly sat up, rubbing tired e/c eyes and taming wild h/c hair. A slow, peaceful breeze whisked through the shanty as she got to her feet. Stumbling to the bathroom and leaning on the sink she stared into her reflection's eyes. 

An abrupt knock on the door startled the poor girl to her senses as she fell back on her rump. Rushing to make herself "presentable", covering and female giveaways she could, she ran to the door, where a single, deep mocha eye lay implanted in the wood, staring at her. 

A strangled noise left the girl as she froze in the sights of the disembodied eye. 

"M/N!~" a cheery female voice resounded from beyond the wooden barrier. Being meticulously careful as to avoid the eye on her door, y/n gently opened said door to reveal the two females from the Straw-hat crew: Nami and Robin. 

"y/n nobody is around you can take off that get up with us," Nami stated, wandering into the small home. A swift shake of the aforementioned's head lead to a frown on the orange haired navigator.  

"I-I'm not just masquerading as a boy..." y/n starts "I have pretty bad insecurities as well..."

"Oh hush. I bet you are beautiful. " Nami Scoffs. "I bet your beauty is only comparable to the stars and you're just too humble." 

The smaller female looks at the two women in their home. The two beautiful women. She could never compete. y/n lets out another swift shake of the head. Nami sighs.

"How are we supposed to go shopping for you if you don't show yourself?" Robin remarks. Shopping....?  y/n tilts her head.

"What do you mean?" y/n asks her.

"Well, you're going to join our crew so you will need more clothes and supplies than just that." Nami exclaims, motioning to the baggy shorts and shirt y/n wore. This crew... THIS CREW. They were not going to give up on her. They gave her a choice, but they already determined the answer. Sholders slumped in defeat as a small "fine" was muttered. Robin and Nami look expectantly as the smaller girl goes into another adjacent room. 

A few seconds later she emerged, not sporting the bandana or goggles. Grime. Grime was everywhere. Living off scraps and junk she found did not provide a stable washing system. A (face shape) face and a cute (nose shape) nose hid under the layers of dirt, filth, and blood. y/n slowly blinked her long eyelashes at the two, her hair still in a rats' nest. 

"Well, we can obviously figure out where we are going first." Nami chuckles at the dirty sight before her. 

_______________________

(2nd person)

Walking to town, you clung to the navigator's hand like a lost child, feeling naked, exposed, without your gear. Nami and Robin guided you to a local bathhouse. As you all entered, the soft slaps of your bare feet on the wet, warm stone greeted your ears. Flooded with all the new sensory information meeting you, you barely managed to register Nami saying "Private room for three, please." before the two led you into a steaming outdoor spring, enclosed with bamboo fencing. Gentle candlelight set the mood as the low sound of flowing water resonated through the area.

Still lost in your own little world, you barely came to your senses as Robin gently started to coach the dirty shirt off your tired back. 

Whipping around swiftly, you stared startled at your peer. She gave a soft smile.