Imagine #3: Teddy Duchamp

it's the last day of summer, around 6 pm. you and your best friend teddy were at your house, discussing things to do before the day came to an end.

"what about the beach?" you suggested, looking at teddy who sat on the edge of your bed.

"hell no. i don't wanna get a fucking sunburn right before we go back to school." teddy grumbled with obvious disgust in his tone.

"that's why sun screen exists, stupid." you retorted with a knowing look on your face. teddy replied with a stuck- out tongue to which you threw a pillow at.

"c'mon duchamp i haven't heard any ideas from you in the past.. what? half an hour?" you groaned audibly.

"alright, alright. what about that uh fair thing that's going on behind the flea market? we could go to that, eat some funnel cake, ride rides and hopefully not puke after doing those one after another." teddy said, looking off into the distance as if he was already there. you laughed.

"that's the only good idea i've ever heard come outta you." you said jokingly.

"i can be helpful when wanted," teddy scoffed. "how much money do you have?" teddy questioned.

"uhh let me check.." you replied. you went into the drawer of your nightstand to reveal about $6.00. your allowance collected over the course of two and a half weeks. you took it out of the drawer and dropped it on your bed. "6 bucks, you?"

teddy reached into his pockets and pulled out some crumpled dollar bills and change. "$2.35." he grumbled. "i would've had more if i hadn't lost that bet to gordie." he said, annoyed.

"it's alright, still enough to pay for tickets." you shrugged. teddy nodded in agreement.

"let's head out before it gets dark." teddy suggested to which you agreed.

*****

"teddyyyy.." you groaned in annoyance. "we've been here for like 10 minutes and you're already wasting all the rest of our money on a fucking water gun game. let's go on a ride." you complained to teddy but he didn't seem to notice; being way too engrossed in the game.

"uh yeah yeah gimme a sec..." he said apathetically. you rolled your eyes and crossed your arms. the balloon hooked up on the machine was about to burst. and finally,

POP !

the balloon on teddy's machine popped and the buzzer above it rang loudly; indicating he had won the game.

"WOO HOO I FUCKING WOOOONN!!" teddy jumped up from the stool and yelled, receiving several uncomfortable glances from strangers playing against him and people passing by. but, you couldn't help but be happy for him by the childish look on his face.

"good job, son," the older employee said. "pick a prize."

"y/n, what do you want?" teddy said facing you.

"what do i want? you won so you should get the prize, teddy." you replied.

"it's alright, i don't need it." he said shrugging nonchalantly.

you hugged him tightly. "thank you." you whispered softly.

"no problem." he smiled.

you broke the hug and shifted to look back at the employee. "the green dolphin, please?" you said to him. he nodded and pulled one of the stuffed toys off of the shelf and handed it to you.

"he's a keeper." the man said looking at you. you smiled and thanked him for the toy.

*****

after that you and teddy ate funnel cake, rode some rides and thankfully, didn't puke after doing one right after the other. the final thing you wanted to do was the ferris wheel. it had finally gotten dark enough that all the lights of the fair were all lit up. it was a truly beautiful sight that you wanted to experience with your best friend, before having to return to school where you'd barely see each other anymore.

you dragged him from the Whirlwind; the rollercoaster you had just gotten off,  and through the large crowd that had amassed over the several hours you'd been there; the time reaching close to ten. you reached the ferris wheel and to your surprise, the line only consisted of a few people including a small family and a couple. waiting didn't take long and soon you were at the front; showing the employee your wristbands for rides and sitting in an empty cart next to teddy. the ride slowly started up and all you and teddy could do was stare in awe of the beauty that was in front and all around you.

"this is.. really nice." teddy said, still staring off at the rest of the fair.

"yeah, it is." you agreed.

teddy sighed and you turned to you. "i don't want this summer to end." he admitted.

"me neither," you said looking down at you hands. frustration rang loudly in your tone. "it fucking sucks. why do we have to have a completely different schedule?"

"well besides math.."

"teddy, you know what i mean. i'm not going to see you or the guys at all. i don't have any friends besides you guys."

"y/n it's okay we'll find a way.." teddy said, trying to reassure you. "we'll still be best friends. and nothings going to change that." he locked his hand with yours and looked into your eyes.

and with that you knew, somewhere deep in your heart, it'll be okay.

pheW i'm back y'all.

i hope you enjoy this even tho the ending was half assed and horrible ehheehehe