Chapter 3

My deepest apologizes for taking so long to update. I hope this chapter is better than usual in hopes of making up for my absence.

To avoid confusion, primarily my own, Lucy is almost 17/almost 32. Peter is 21/36. Susan is 20/35. Edmund is 18/33.

Lucy was the first to the kitchen, though not necessarily the first awake, with Edmund following not long after. Rakr, (the house elf if you forgot) appeared right in front of Edmund's leg, startling and almost tripping him.

A large bowl of fruit was quickly placed on the countertop. Edmund and Lucy immediately took an apple each while Rakr started to make breakfast.

The smell of frying bacon seemed to be what awoke Peter from his slumber as he entered the kitchen with tired eyes and bed hair.

"Breakfast is served, madam, sirs." Rakr announced before scurrying away to get Severus. Four plates of bacon, eggs, and toast decorated the table, each producing a delicious aroma. Severus joined them in the dining room a moment later and breakfast began.

"Who's the chef?" Peter asked once he finished his toast and .

"His name is Rakr. He's a house elf." Lucy explained.

Peter nodded and returned his attention to his breakfast. Edmund and Lucy exchanged smiles. Peter wasn't much of a morning person. The morning meal was disturbed when an enchanted letter was dropped in the center of the table.

Severus Snape,

          I need Blood-Replenishing Potion, Calming Draught, and Murtlap Essence immediately!

                                                                                                                                                    Madam Pomfry

Severus  frowned at his half eaten breakfast.

"I can get them." Lucy volunteered. "I'm already done, see?" she gestured to her empty plate.

__________________________________________________________________

Lucy entered the hospital wing with the requested potions. Madame Pomfry took the potions  from her, not bothering to question why a student was at school during the summer and went to the bed of a groaning guy.  As Lucy drew closer, recognition flooded her eyes. What was he doing here?

His brown hair was being painted with blood leaking from his head, his eyes were closed but he kept moving and muttering things to soft to hear.

The calming draught was the first to be downed his throat, followed by the rest. It was only once he was calmly laying there, probably asleep with bandages around his head did Lucy speak.

"What happened to him?"

"Any number of things. Hagrid found him at the edge of the Forbidden Forest, so who knows." Madam Pomfry went off to attend to something else, leaving Lucy alone with the patient. She had only sat by his bedside a minute when he suddenly jerked up with a gasp, his hands immediately went to his head, seemingly to take off the newly applied bandages.

"No! Don't take those off Caspian!"