Wattpad Original
There are 9 more free parts

Trouble

Chapter One - Trouble

Nick

"Good job. Now swallow."

I smirked at my phone. It was lying on the bathroom counter while I styled my hair back.

Sounds like someone is having a good time.

"Blake?" I called.

"Yeah—oh," he groaned.

My smirk deepened.

"We don't have to discuss business if you're in the middle of something."

I heard some shuffling.

"Oh, okay! We'll talk la—wait."

There was a long pause and I wondered if he was still on the line.

"What the hell, Sinclair!" he shouted from the other end.

I let out a laugh. "I'm serious, Andrews. You sound busy."

"Damn right I am. Try feeding cereal to a toddler someday."

I frowned.

"Oh. That's what you're doing?"

The alternative sounded better in my head.

Must've been my damn hormones. I still couldn't get over last night's debauchery.

Smudged red lips and hot, steamy nights came to my mind instantly.

"Yeah, that's what I'm doing, Nick. Though I wouldn't have minded what you were thinking, not everyone has the best mornings."

"Of course," I chuckled.

Blake had been my best bud since middle school—after I saved him from a bunch of bullies. He was so thankful that he got me a large box of M&M's.

I'd had a mania for sweets since I was a kid.

"Whose toddler is that anyway?" I asked while walking out of the bathroom after my shower and slipping into the closet.

That was one perk of living alone in a huge penthouse. I could roam around naked.

"Cousin Kyla is visiting."

"And you're babysitting?" I asked nonchalantly while buttoning my shirt and fixing my tie.

"Apparently," he sighed, "seeing Rebekah clearly sucks at completing the task."

Rebekah was Blake's little sister who thought I was a manwhore and had hated me throughout high school—or, say, pretended to hate me.

Honestly, I still thought it was because she had a secret little crush on me. I mean, who could hate a face like mine?

Plus, she was pretty. I might have dated her if she wasn't Blake's sister—didn't wanna ruin my friendship with him—because clearly, yeah, I am a bit of a manwhore.

"Nick, I need to check some data before we bring in the shipment. But seeing as I can't stop by at your office today, I have sent someone else to collect the files."

"Okay. I'll let Penny know."

"The hot assistant?" I could hear the smirk in his voice.

"I don't check my staff out."

"Oh, come on. You're not completely oblivious to her flirting, are you?"

"Of course not. But she's an employee, so no."

I knew better than to fuck an employee. In my initial months of working with Dad at Sinclair Enterprises, I hooked up with my temporary secretary and messed a lot of things up.