Wattpad Original
There are 8 more free parts

The Devil

Chapter Two - The Devil

Caroline

"It's Laurel. It's definitely Laurel," Rebekah, my dorm mate, suddenly spoke up from her bed.

I had my class a while ago while Rebekah had just returned from her home. Her home, which was only a fifteen-minute drive from campus.

She had only moved to a dorm because she'd wanted to experience what college was truly like.

I, on the other hand, would never understand how someone could choose some lousy campus over their loving family.

I'd always choose to live with my family. Not like I had much of it left, but still.

"Will you at least listen to the audio, Care?" Her gray eyes narrowed, a frown forming on her lips as she tucked a loose strand of icy blonde hair behind her ear.

"No thanks. That dress from years ago was creepy enough."

She sighed. "Fine. Don't blame me when you have nothing to talk about at the frat party next week."

"What frat party?" I frowned.

"The one we're going to." She gave me a toothy grin.

"No! I'm not going to any party. You just get drunk and leave me alone, which sucks because I don't talk to many people."

"Alright, fine." She sighed. "This time, I'll hook you up with someone before getting drunk."

I narrowed my eyes.

"How are you even back already? Didn't you have dinner plans with family tonight?" I asked.

"I did. But then my cousin showed up with her toddler. And when I realized that I was expected to babysit that milk puking machine, I fled." She shrugged.

I shook my head with a laugh. "That's so impolite."

"Nope. Impolite would've been getting my new minion t-shirt soaked with my nephew's barf."

I grimaced.

Just then, my phone rang. It was Blake, Rebekah's older brother.

"Mr. Andrews," I said.

Rebekah pretended to gag. She always found it funny when I addressed her brother with respect.

It would be weird to call my employer by his first name.

"Caroline, first, I told you to call me Blake, and second, I know these are your college hours but I'm gonna have to ask for a favour."

"That's okay...Blake. What can I help you with?"

"Great! Can you go to Sinclair Enterprises to collect those shipment files I told you about yesterday?"

"Sure."

There was suddenly the loud cry of a child in the background. More like a scream with some incoherent words.

"Oh God! Shut up, you—Listen, Caroline," I heard him speak something about meeting someone but I couldn't exactly make out the words because of the baby's cries.

It sounded something like: Meet Mr. Wee...zon.

And then, the line went dead.

Mr. Wee...zon?

Guess I'll just ask someone at Sinclair Enterprises for Mr. Wee...zon and they'll send me to the person with the closest name.

Rebekah was busy watching YouTube videos when I left our dorm.