[01] Moving Day

~Lisa POV~

The rain poured down on me, the pitter patter of the drops creating a soft and relaxing atmosphere. I let my eyes rest on the skyline of Thailand one last time, tears filling my eyes. I loved the rain for this very reason... No one could tell when you cry. I love it here. I always have. It's heaven on Earth. It's my home. Thailand is my home... and I have to leave... I have to go to South Korea in order to pursue a more promising future for myself.

As I look up to the dark cold clouds I smile, the tears falling rather fast. I'm only sixteen... Sixteen years old and I'm heading to Korea by myself. Luckily mom had already made arrangements for my stay in one of the on-campus dorms in the private high school. But that doesn't make being the new girl any easier. I was leaving behind so many friends, so many memories, so much of myself. Thailand is me and I am it. Imagine going everywhere without having any internet; that was the perfect equivalent. To be without something you were so used to.

"Yah Pranpriya." A warm and familiar voice called for me in Thai. I smile and look towards the wonderous voice: mom. "Your dad and I put all your luggage in the car and he'll load the conveyor belt at the airstrip for you..." She looked down at the floor in fear of shedding a tear. I wipe my own tears that just looked like rain droplets and slowly hugged my mother. "Be safe my little princess." She smiled and closed her eyes. "And don't you dare forget Thailand when you graduate. I love you..."

"I won't, mommy. I promise. I love you too." I smiled, the feeling that only could be described in English. Bittersweet. It felt like life was moving in slow motion as I released my mom and climbed into the car. Pa drove me to the airport and helped me with my luggage. The car ride was mostly silent and baron of conversation. You could tell the air was more of bitterness for the fact that I was leaving home. As he was about to take his leave, I pulled him into a tight embrace. "I love you... Take care of mommy..."

He smiled at this and hugged back. "I will, but you need to promise to take care of yourself too. Don't let those rich kids get you down. I believe in you. You got this  Pranpriya." As our embrace came to a release, I heard the words overhead to board my flight.

"All people for flight #703, your plane is being boarded now. Please make your way and get on. Thank you." I let my hands fall to my sides as I close my eyes. 

"Goodbye Thailand," I whispered as I grabbed my carryon and walked to the designated area. "I won't forget you."

As I climbed on I found my seat which luckily was a window seat. I ignored whoever sat next to me and looked out the window. I watched as the sky began to blur and then the ground faded away into a small faraway place. I drifted in and out of sleep the entire flight, memories of Thailand filling my mind. I'd need to get used to speaking Korean instead of Thai... I knew most of it from my childhood but I was scared I'd mess up and no one would ever know what I'm trying to say. I let my sholder length blonde hair fit around my face and my bangs fall flat. My hair was wet and not well styled anymore so it looked like a wet dog but, hell, I didn't care.

As my drifting was more frequent and soon enough I was awoken with a jolt from the plane. We were landing. Already? I asked myself. Has it really been six hours? I looked at my phone and indeed it had been six hours. My eyes widened as the entire time I was either reminiscing or sleeping. How will I ever sleep tonight for my first day tomorrow? 

We all slowly exit the plane and I take all my luggage although it's more than I should be carrying. Why did I need to pack so much... Ugh right... Because I'm literally moving from one Country to another. I sigh and look around as I step outside. I look around the Seoul Airport and it honestly was breathtaking.