[08] A Bright New Day

Lisa's POV

Once again my eyes crept open as an alarm blared in the room. I groaned softly, trying to move but realized I was stuck: Pinned down by someone else's body weight. I rub my eyes softly as I try to let my vision adjust only to find a sleeping Jennie Kim with her arms around my neck and her leg between mine, her body atop of me. I bit my lip as everything hit me with a ton of force. Jennie Kim, the undeniably beautiful and unpredictable girl was here. Laying on my chest and snuggling into me tighter.

"J-Jennie..." I mumbled, my voice cracking from not being used. "Jennie wake up... We have to get ready for school..." She furrowed her brow and nuzzled her head into the crevice of my neck, her warm breath sending chills down my spine. I froze slightly, not knowing what to do. She needed to get up... We needed to get up... To get ready for class. God class... I'd have to see Rosie... 'She's going to be here to get ready soon... God, I'll hurt her more if she sees Jennie... Atop of me... Like this... Fuck...' I shifted my body slightly, attempting to escape her grasp but to no avail, she was oddly strong.

I groaned as I sat my body up, her body just shifting with me as she sat on my lap and laid her head on my shoulder. "I don't want to get out of bed... You're warm..." She whispered and looked to me with lidded eyes.

"B-but... Jennie..." I began stuttering and looking away from her. She looked so beautiful. Her messy hair and clinging morning nature were... attractive to say the least. "Chaeyoung might walk in at any moment... I don't want to hurt her any more than I already have..." Her grip slowly loosened and she sighed, sluggishly leaving my lap and rubbing her eyes. 

"Fine... I'll see you later..." She mumbled with a yawn as she left the room, heading back towards the upperclassman dorm rooms. I sat on my bed for a few more moments, reminiscing about the loss of her warmth and the ache I felt from it.

"Fuck you, Jennie Kim..." I whispered to myself before I slowly stood and stretched, heading to my bag and getting dressed for the day in my second uniform. Ever so slowly, I heard the door open and saw none other than Rose walk in shyly, not saying a word as she went to her closet and got dressed. 'Go on, Manoban... Say something. Apologize... Make amends. Jennie is right and you know it. You need to try. Two more years until you get to leave this hellhole and then you can go back to be yourself...' I took in a deep breath and took a step toward her. "H-Hey, Rosie..." She froze at my voice and looked back at me. I could see it plain and simple: her eyes were puffed up and red from crying and she looked so frail, so weak... 'Manoban look at what you did... You're such a fuck-up...'

"W-what is it, Lisa?" She spoke in a shaky voice. God was she frail, her body looked weak from lack of sleep, she looked like complete hell. I put her through hell in only 24 hours.

"I-" I looked over her and sighed, taking another step toward her. Then another and another.

"You what?" She gasped breathlessly as I stood right in front of her. I looked deep into her eyes and fixed the collar of her button up shirt, her cheeks turning a light pink.

"I'm sorry about what I said... I... I just." My eyes looked away from hers as I collected my thoughts once again. "I felt love once. And, it didn't work out. I thought it was love at first sight. I really... did... But, they didn't. They used me for... For-" I stopped myself and took a step back. "I hope that you can move on... Or wait... Or make me fall for you... But at the moment, Rosie, I cannot feel love. My heart can't take it... I'm... I'm so sorry..." I whispered the last statement as I pulled away again, stepping towards my stuff and fixing my hair. "I hope you can forgive me someday..."

Silence filled the room as I refused to look back at her. It sounded like she was just getting ready, her voice and movements mostly silent aside from the few soft noises of ruffling clothing or makeup lightly being placed back on the desk. 

"You coming?" I soon heard her say as she stood at the door, her eyes studying me. I let a smile show as I nodded and followed her to Jennie and Jisoo's room. Our walk there was purely silent, the sounds of our feet on the ground being the only audio to my ears. My eyes soon landed on their door as Chaeyoung knocked. Almost instantly, Jisoo answered with her bright smile.

"Ah, good you're both here. I was worried that-" She stopped speaking as she looked at Rosie who shook her head and looked away. "Uh, Jennie's just finishing up and then we can all head out." I stood awkwardly as we sat in silence. It looked like Jisoo and Rosie were talking with their eyes and I just looked to my feet. For some reason, I felt anxious to even see Jennie. A feeling I hadn't felt since... her.

As the duo stopped speaking to each other with their hidden language, Jennie walked out looking extremely beautiful. I shook my head and sighed softly as Jisoo took the lead, heading towards the school building. Jennie walked at my side and Rosie at Jisoo's. I looked at the girl next to me and analyzed her. 'You idiot, stop doing that. You know yourself. You know people like her- er... She innocently slept next to me last night... She didn't ask for anything... She... She only slept in my arms and once she was fully awake, she left as I told her to... She's- NO, no! Lisa fucking Manoban, you cannot think that she's different. She was different too. She was. But everyone has an act.'

We soon reached the building and Rosie and I bid farewell to the elder duo as we headed to our homeroom class, the silence between us becoming more and more awkward second by second. The entire class was boring and filled with stuff I already knew so I didn't pay attention at all. I glanced over at the innocent girl frequently, seeing her puffy eyes hurt me. I needed to be hurt. I needed to be. It was a must to show how destructive I am. I needed to prove that Jennie- no that Rosie needed someone better... I shook my head.

Omg guys, thank you so much for the reads! Please feel free to comment and chat all you want! Thank you again for spending time on this story that- uh- is gonna be a bit complicated. Again, it's still starting up. 

Much love, Athena "Abadah" Kate