17

"What're you doing in California?" He asks.

"You never came back for me." I think about saying but keep it in.

"New scenery." Is all I say then turn around. Scarlet starts playing with my hair as her child mind forgets about the overly dramatic situation. Ricky sits across from me, it feels like he's staring me down.

"You two know each other?"Kylie asks. We both nod but don't say anything. 

"Oh." Is all she replies with. 

"Mommy?" Scarlet whispers.

"Yes, baby?" I ask looking down at her.

"I'm hungry." She whispers again making me smile.

"Shall we go get food?" Kylie asks.

"I don't want to move." Ryan whines from the floor. He's laying down.

"I vote we send Balz, Chris, and Devin to go get food." Ryan says again.

"Why not me?" Angelo asks.

"Because you'll eat all the chicken wings." Ryan replies.

"And you think they won't?"

***

Scarlet shoves a piece of pizza in her mouth sitting by Ricky. Apparently before I got home they became best friends, which I don't really like. If you haven't guessed by now, Ricky is Scarlet's father. He doesn't know and I wan't it to stay that way. 

"Slow down, baby." I say to Scarlet making her giggle, which instantly brings a smile on my face. I'm a sucker for her giggle. 

"Can we have ice cream?" Her words sound a bit like "cweam" and not actually cream. 

"You're eating pizza." Ricky says to her with a small laugh. She giggles again and puts her hands on her face, which smears grease on her pale skin. Ricky's eyes widen as he looks at me. 

"Scar, really?" I groan. She giggles as I go and pick her up. 

"Baby, why must you do this to yourself?" I laugh as she has some tomato sauce in her hair. 

"I don't know." She smiles. 

"I think I better take her home and get her washed up. It was nice meeting you, the ones I didn't know. And it was nice seeing you again, Angelo." I laugh. 

"Bye princess Scarlet!" Kylie shouts making Scar wave at Kylie with her "princess" wave. 

I smile and wave at them, leaving the house. 

"Mommy?" Scarlet asks as I walk to our house.

"Yes?" I ask. 

"I painteded a hippo, it-its at Kylie's." She says making me smile. 

"We just left there baby, we'll go get it tomorrow, okay?" I say and walk into my home. 

"Okay." She nods and smiles her toothy grin. 

"Now shall we go warm that bath tub up for you, my dear?" I grin. She nods frantically giving a small giggle. 

"God I love you." I say with a smile and kiss her head. 

"I love you too mommy." She smiles at me.

I kiss her head again and walk back to the bathroom that she usually takes baths in. I sit her on the ground turning the faucet on and plugging the tub up. I help her take her shirt off along with her pants and shoes leaving her in her diaper. She giggles and runs around the small room.