28

The lipstick slides easily over my lips as I apply it slowly. I tuck some of my hair behind my ear again. I stand and walk to the closet in my old room. I open it and find a few articles of clothing.

I grab a black sleeveless shirt that says "daisy" on it. The shirt has a white collar and where the arm holes stop, it has a somewhat flowing fabric.

I slide that over my head, sticking my arms through the holes. There's two ties in the front making me groan a bit. I search back through the closet and find a white high wasted skirt. There's almost like flowers cut out in the upper layer of the skirt.

I slide it up my legs, making sure the skirt goes right above my belly button. I then pull the almost crop top daisy shirt over it and tie it in the front, making it tight enough. I slide some black flats onto my feet and exit the room.

"Kat?" I call.

"Yeah?" She yells from downstairs in reply.

"Do you have Scarlet?" I shout walking down the stairs.

"Yes ma'am!" She replies.

I walk into the living room to see sponge bob on TV. Scarlet is giggling, her eyes glued onto the tv.

"Hey baby." I say to Scar making her smile turn towards me.

Her eyes shine causing me to smile.

"What's with the black lipstick?" Kat asks me as I sit beside Scarlet.

"I don't know, apparently in trying to be an actual dark goth instead of pastel." She laughs at that.

"Oh well." She shrugs making me nod and laugh a bit also.

Scarlet climbs onto my lap causing me to smile.

"How is the princess this morning?" I ask her.

"Kitty made waffles." she giggles sticking her fingers in her mouth.

"Don't do that baby." I say and remove her fingers from her mouth.

She pouts a bit and lays back on me. I wrap my arms around her tightly and lay my head on hers, as she watches the show.

There's a soft, but loud eneough to hear, knock on the front door. Muffin, my sister's Siamese cat, jumps up on the couch and stares at the door.

"I'll go get it." My sister chuckles making me nod and smile.

Spongebob starts laughing his weird laugh causing Scarlet to giggle her fingers going back in her mouth. I roll my eyes at the three year old and look but up at the TV.

"Emi!" I hear Kat yell.

"Be right back, okay?"She nods as I sit her on the couch.

I walk around the couch, confused as to why my sister called. I tuck my hair behind my ear as I walk to the door. On the front porch is Angelo, his eyes are red and puffy, and he has a suitcase sitting beside him.

"Angelo? What are you doing here?" I ask him pulling him into the house.

Once he's in Kat shuts the door. She crosses her arms also as confused as I.

"I left the band." He coughs out, his voice dry.

"What? Why?" I ask frantically.

"I couldn't do it anymore." He shakes his head, tears forming into his eyes.

"Angelo." I whisper and wrap my arms around his neck tightly.

He shoves his face into my neck, his arms wrapping around me. I feel the hot wet tears of one of the happiest men I know, hit my shoulder. My heart drops a bit at this. I softly run my fingers through his hair, petting it in a way. He shakes a bit making me squeeze my eyes shut tightly.