f o u r t e e n

"Alright, what do you see?" Steve asked in the coms.

"Standard beat cops. Small station. Quiet street. It's a good target." Wanda Maximoff said as she added sugar to her drink and stirred it at the small table across from you.

"There's an ATM in the south corner, which means..." Steve trailed off.

"Cameras." You finished for him.

"Both cross streets are one way." Steve spoke in your ear.

"So, compromised escape routes." You said, covering your mouth with the back of your hand, yawing. You hadn't slept in what felt like forever.

"Means our guy doesn't care about being seen, he isn't afraid to make a mess on the way out. You see that Range Rover Galway up the block?"

"Yeah, the red one? It's cute." I said taking a sip of my hot chocolate.

"It's also bulletproof, which means private security, which means more guns, which means more headaches for someone. Probably us." Natasha said, glancing over her shoulder to make eye contact with you.

"You guys know I can move things with my mind, right?" Wanda asked sipping her hot drink. 

"Looking over your shoulder needs to become second nature." Your mom said through the coms.

"Anybody ever tell you you're a little paranoid?" Sam Wilson commented.

"There was this one guy—" But before you can finish, Natasha interrupts you. "Not to my face. Why? You hear something?"

"Eyes on the target folks. This is the best lead we've had on Rumlow in six months. I do my want to lose him." Steve said.

"If he sees us coming, that won't be a problem. He kinda hates us." Sam said from a rooftop further down the road.

"Sam, see that garbage truck? Tag it." Steve said from inside the building he was in.

"Give me x-ray." Sam said. "The truck's loaded for max weight. And the driver's armed." You shifted uncomfortably in your seat, unsure where this was going.

"It's a battering ram." Natasha pointed out.

"Go now." Steve ordered.

"What?" You were unsure of what to do since you hadn't been out in the field in so long.

Steve spoke: "It's not hitting the police."

Immediately, you stood up, hearing a loud crash. You sprang into action following closely behind Wanda as she ran down the road to where the noise came from.

You stopped in front of the Institute for Infectious Diseases. Steve and Sam were already there fighting some people. You ran up and kicked a guy in the back. He turned around and went to punch your face but you ducked under him and elbowed him in the ribs, sending him crashing to the ground. You made vines grow from the ground wrap around his neck, suffocating him until he was unconscious.

"Body armor, AR15s. I make seven hostiles." Steve said as you watched him take out several men.

Sam flies up to a rooftop, spinning and using his wings to block gunfire. He takes out two of the masked soldiers. "I make five."

Wanda flies over the rooftop, using her powers to block gunfire. She lifts one soldier upwards with her powers. "Sam."

"Four." Sam says as he glides down from the rooftop hitting the man. Sam gets redwing to scan the building. "Rumlow's on the third floor."

"(Y/N), just like we practiced." Steve gets ready to be sent up into the building.

"What about the gas?" Wanda asked.