t w e n t y f i v e

I could never love her,
the fear of losing her would be too strong.
-Atticus

You laid on your bed, being held by Peter. You sighed and nuzzled your head into his neck, making him tighten his arms around your waist. You'd been back for a week and a half, and had been caught up on everything you'd missed. "I don't think I'll ever be able to let you go again." Peter whispered into your hair. You pressed a light kiss against his neck and smiled.

"I don't think I want you to." You replied, and felt his chest rumble under you as he chuckled. "I do put up with you so it's a lot of work on my side." You sighed.

"Me?! You're a handful!" He said defensively. You playfully bit his neck. "Hey!" He pulled away quickly and opened his mouth to say something but you captured his lips in a kiss. "I wish I could bring you to homecoming." He whispered once you'd pulled away. You rested your head against his chest and listened to his heartbeat. "Dang that curfew." He mumbled.

You smile and pull away. "Peter, you could always go with someone else, you know." I said quietly. He frowned and I continued. "I mean so you're not alone, bring someone else."

He shook his head. "I'll just go with Ned and Michelle, as a group."

You smiled up at him and then rolled off him. "You can bring someone if you'd like. I'd be okay with it." You stood up just as your phone rang. "Hello?"

"Hey kid," Tony said. "Look, there's a special visitor coming to the building, so if you'd like, you can go for a walk, or go on a date with the Spiderling."

"Who's-" Tony cut you off.

"Just leave the building for five hours!" He snapped harshly. "Just go get some fresh air." He said more calmly.

"O-okay." You stuttered out. "Yeah, I'll go for a while." You said quietly.

"Just," He paused to think for a minute. "Be safe."

"You too." You whispered before hanging up hesitantly. "Let's go, Peter." You grabbed your bag and threw your wallet and phone their.

"What's wrong?" He frowned and stood up, gathering his bag. You didn't answer and he grabbed your shoulders. "(Y/n), please tell me what's wrong."

"I don't know, okay?" You snapped, dropping your bag. "I don't know anymore! You know, at first I had everything figured out, but now I don't!" You sighed and ran your fingers through your hair. "I can't go out in public without wearing a long sleeve, and if I don't, people think I've attempted suicide!" Tears ran down your face as you drew a shaky breath. "Do you know what it's like, to see a mother pull her child closer to her as you walk by, Peter?" He reached out to grab you but you pulled away quickly. "Do you know what it's like, for people to think of you as a monster?" You whispered.

He sighed and grabbed you before you could pull away, pulling you tightly into his arms. "I don't think you're a monster." He wrapped his arms around your waist and lifted you over his shoulder like a sack of potatoes.

"Peter! Put me down!" You giggles as he picked up your bag and brought you to the stairs leading up to the roof. He climbed them quickly and set you down, slipping off his clothing to show the suit he wore underneath. He pulled the mask on the wrapped his arms around your waist. "Let's go then." You said softly.