because of clyde parker| nineteen

It was almost her perfect first-date

His car halted before her house. The shutters were down and the lights were out at her house. But she could see a shadow lurking in the darkness.

Her mother was in her shift but it could be Ethan stumbling about in the darkness for a midnight-snack. She thought nothing of it.

He killed the engine and jogged up to her side, to open her door for her. "Chivalry isn't all dead, is it now? Well do you want me to ruin your chivalry with my feminism?" She raised her eyebrow as he took her hand and gently pecked her knuckles.

"My mother is going to love you," she blurted out , soft giggles buzzed from her stomach, he stared at her, amusement flickering in his eyes.

"Really? What about your dad?"

"Well, my dad isn't exactly fatherly-material but mind you, he has a licensed riffle."

"What of your brother?"

"Ethan isn't exactly crazy about you. He just thinks we are fooling around. Poor boy hasn't had the best luck when it comes to the opposite sex."

"And what about you, Dawn Marshal?"

Then there was this silence, the silence between Rosie and Alex—Cecelia Ahern's silence. The rare silence that needed no breaking. The silence that was enough for a thousand unspoken words. The silence that delved two hearts and melted them into one.

They stared at each other for the longest time, the very similar sparkle twinkling in each other's eyes. Their lips drew together like the moths drew to the lamppost overhead and they melted.

Butterflies buzzed in her stomach, miscellaneous thoughts and emotions flicked through her mind. She shut her eyes, losing all of them away, because if she didn't then she would get lost in beautiful emerald eyes like she was already starting to lose her sense of reasoning.

There, under the lamppost, with moths droning over their head, butterflies erupting in her stomach and the soft country-music humming from the car-radio, Dawn Marshal lost her first kiss to the boy with the prettiest green eyes, the warmest hands and the softest lips.

And when it was over, his forehead touched hers and both of them, cupping each other's faces looked at each other with haze of the kiss in their eyes.

°•°•°  

Blood rushed through her cheeks, her lips still sore and her cherry lip-gloss was smacked everywhere but where they should be. There was a dazed love-struck look in her eyes as the grand-father clock stroke to twelve synchronizing with her pattering heart beat.