because of clyde parker| twenty-seven

PERSPECTIVE, IT ALWAYS COMES down to it, doesn't it? How can two very different sets of eyes see the same things and meet eye to eye? Perspectives differ

Tongues intertwined, she breathed into his cinnamon scent and memorized the traces of his skin. She always found herself doing it, as if any moment this would be a dream and she would wake up and he would disappear.

The fear of losing someone, is that what love is? Is that how love was supposed to feel? How will she know if it was love? How will she know if it wasn't? She didn't know what love is. There were books written on love, but there were no books written about love.

She felt prying stares drilling at the back of her head. What they saw was another notch in the golden boy's bedpost; another name to be scratched at 'The list of Girls Caleb Parker dated'.

Barely 48 hours ago, they didn't notice the girl behind the glasses and stacks of books, barely 48 hours ago she didn't exist and now half of them hated her for dating someone she didn't deserve and the other half pitied her because highschool relationships go around an endless loop. Flirt, fuck and forget.

What she saw were vultures preying on her with the intention of swallowing her like dead meat. She saw herself being cornered in the girls' washroom, while she curled into a ball like a pansy and gave in.

What he saw was how had bought her a popularity pass to survive highschool, all the invitations to the lit parties and basically the ins and outs of the ultimate realm of highschool.

What he saw and what she saw were both entirely different things.

There were whispers, oh god there were a lot of whispers and she wasn't deaf to them. "Someone's the talk of the town, I see," his lips brushed hers one last time before letting go.

"Oh please, you and I both know this fifteen minutes of fame will disappear the moment they find a juicier gossip to feed on! Wanna see something fun?"

"Uhuh..." Amusement glinted in his eyes.

"Oh my god, what is that?! Is that a wart, the size of the high Olympus on Amanda Kelly's nose?!" Suddenly all eyes flicked from them towards Amanda Kelly but groans of disappointment filled the air as there was no wart. Let alone one as huge as the high Olympus.

"You have made your point," he shook his head defeated, "Lunch at our usual spot?"

Their usual spot was in the middle of the cafeteria, among jocks who couldn't see past any homo-sapiens-with-x-chromosomes' cleavage and cheerleaders, where she stood out like a fish out of water, and the cheerleaders constantly shot her daggers playing the game of 'I spy the black sheep.'

"Hold that thought, I am just going to go and use the little girl's room real quick." As much as she loved the mere prospect of being poked and scrutinized like a lab rat during lunch, she had to remind herself that she was doing this for Caleb, the boy who has been nothing but everything she wanted, towards her.