because of clyde parker| thirty-three

"I still can't believe we are doing this!" she whispered when they were standing in front of the tinted double glass doors

"I still can't believe we are doing this!" she whispered when they were standing in front of the tinted double glass doors. Clyde reading her mind held her gaze with a look that said 'Don't even think about it!' as if she would charge for gates like a lunatic and run the other side.

Though, the thought appeared more tempting than a prison cell or worse a suspension, she contained her urges.

Clyde pushed the glass doors with a light force of his pinky, "Just a walk in the park. It's like they are asking for it!"

The dimly lit hallway looked like an entrance to a dark tunnel, it appeared nothing like it did during the day, bustling with students and teachers. Before her laid a strip of tiled floors and brightly-postered walls. She didn't know how she could coast her way through this however, Clyde Parker had no trouble navigating his way to the lockers.

He seemed to have this place memorized like the back of his hand. She flitted her eyes from the ground to his face skeptically, biting her tongue to hold back from shoving the words, 'You don't even go here,' on his face.

He knitted his eyebrows together, "You know, I am not ancient or anything right? I mean it's been only two years since I dropped out..." He emphasized only as if she was secretly judging him for dropping two years ago.

Like she was in any position to judge someone when she was contemplating kissing her Harvard dreams goodbye. "Well I don't see you flipping burgers at McDonald's so that must have turned out great for you."

"Well everything is just peachy," He muttered dryly.

When they stood on the hallway stretching with a labyrinth of identical maroon lockers, she was lost. Her locker wasn't even personalized, unlike Mia's, which she could spot from the entrance because of the neon pink stickers and a 'happy birthday' banner from last year she forgot to take down.

Alec's locker was filled with skulls drawn with permanent marker from his scrawny freshman year. She paced, her eyes shooting from one locker to another. She really needed to personalize her locker, leave her mark in high school before senior year. Even a scrawled initial would do.

She stopped before a locker with NBA player Chris Paul's poster, a graffiti that said 'Go Tigers!'. "Is this yours?" Clyde stared at her perplexed.

"No, it's Caleb's. Mine has to be five lockers down there." She glided to her locker absentmindedly not noticing that Clyde Parker wasn't following her and had fallen behind.

She thankfully remembered her locker combination after two tries and once she opened it, papers flew out of it scattering on the floor. She really needed to get her life together.

She gathered them and neatly folded them inside then grabbed her big fat biology textbook. Clyde was probing around Caleb's when she heard her ram her locker shut with immense force. The sound echoed through the supposedly empty hallway when the flash light fell on them.