17. July 4th, 2011

"Daeyna..." I groaned at the sound of a voice right next to my bed. After peeking one eye open and glancing at the little clock on the nightstand next to my bed, I let out another groan.

"It's only nine in the morning." I complained, flipping over in my bed so I was facing away from the person in my room. They let out a sigh.

"Alright, but you asked for it." Before I could even comprehend what was going on, I was lifted into the air (blankets and all). I let out a screech of surprise as I felt my feet touch the ground. After fighting my way out of the blankets, I turned to glare up at my attacker.

"Ashton Irwin! What in the world made you think—" I cut off abruptly as my gaze took in his outfit. "What are you wearing?" Ashton glanced down at his outfit—a pair of dark blue shorts that matched the blue on the American Flag printed muscle tee on his torso—before grinning back up at me.

"Do you know what day it is, Daeyna?" He questioned. I frowned and shook my head. I mean, it was Monday, the third day of our two week break, but, as far as I knew, it didn't have any other significance. Ashton blanched at my answer. "How are you even American?" He asked incredulously. "It's the Fourth of July!" I felt my eyes widen at the news. How had I not remembered? God, it was even circled on the calendar on the back of my door.

"Oh. I totally forgot." I mused, scratching my head. Ashton scoffed, a smile still on his lips.

"Clearly." He deadpanned. I rolled my eyes at him. "Well, come on! Get ready and be downstairs in thirty. We've got things to do."

--------

Exactly twenty-seven minutes later, I was taking the last steps onto the main floor of the house and walking into the living room, where I could hear voices.

"Ah, there she is!" I froze in the entryway to the living room, looking around at all the people there. In total, there were nine. Ashton, Michael, Luke, Calum, Taryn, Megan, Ben, Jack, and an unfamiliar boy. Every single one of them was wearing some sort of red, white, blue, or a mixture of the three. Whether it was in the form of flag-patterned clothing (like Ashton, Ben, and Luke), or just plain colors, everyone was looking very patriotic. I burst into laughter as I looked at all of them.

"You are all ridiculous!" I giggled. Luke stepped forward, smiling. Out of everyone, he was hands down the most ridiculous looking. Not only was his shirt patterned with the American Flag, but his shorts and sandals were as well. He also had three bracelets on his arm, all three marbled with red, white, and blue. I shook my head at him. "Oh, God, Luke." I chuckled.

"Come on, Mrs. America. Time to start our day of fun!" He insisted, grabbing my wrist gently and tugging me towards the door. I resisted, complaining about not knowing where we were going, but Luke wouldn't have it. "It's a surprise, but I promise you'll like it." He assured me. I sighed dramatically, but let him lead me out the door and into the backseat of his brother's car. Jack climbed into the driver's seat, Ben into the passenger's. I was squished into the window as Luke, Ashton, Michael, and Calum piled in the back with me.

"Guys, we don't all fit! Isn't there another car or something?" I complained, trying to move so I was at least a little bit more comfortable. Luke managed to get his arms free and pressed a hand to my shoulder.

"Stop moving, you're making it worse." He demanded. I huffed, but gave him a smile to let him know I wasn't actually all that upset. "Besides, it's only like a ten minute drive."

"And no, there's only one car! I'm making two trips to get all of you crazies there." Jack piped up from the front seat.

"And where is 'there' exactly?" I questioned. Luke tsked at me.