27. I'm Sure

“Molly! Come here, girl.” I cooed, laying down in the grass. Luke and the boys were downstairs playing FIFA and being obnoxious, and I really didn’t want to listen to Calum yell overtly inappropriate comments at his opponents for the next three hours. They had an interview with the local newspaper later on tonight. I wasn’t going with them, though that didn’t bother me.

“Do you think she has owners that will call you guys?” Kendra asked as the brown and black dog padded over to me and began sticking her muzzle into my face. I gently pushed her away each time until she finally got the hint and merely plopped down next to me instead. I shrugged.

“I don’t know. It’s been two days, and yet nobody’s called. I really hope they do because I don’t know if Liz will want to keep her over a week like she said.” I answered, reaching over to scratch behind Molly’s ears. She grunted in approval and nuzzled her head closer to me. After a moment’s pause, I spoke up again. “Anyways, how did your sightseeing go yesterday? I hear you and Cal were acting really friendly.” I trailed off, looking expectantly at Kendra, who was seated in the grass a few feet from me. Kendra rolled her eyes and scoffed.

“Dae, he’s younger than me. You know I don’t flow like that.” She dismissed. I giggled, wiggling my eyebrows at her.

“Are you sure? Because I recall a certain shaggy redheaded kid who was a whole two years younger than you.” I taunted. Kendra whacked me in the shoulder. “Ow!” I complained.

“You promised never to bring that up again! Besides, that was like seventh grade.” I giggled.

“Yeah, and that just makes it worse.” I quipped. She scoffed.

“Whatever.”

--------

“Happy Halloween, everybody!” Luke called as Calum and Michael arrived to the house (last, of course.) I hadn’t put on my costume yet, but it was really simple to do, so I figured it could wait. Our entire group was going to go trick-or-treating with Ashton’s younger siblings. So what would have been just a group of three with Ash, Lauren, and Harry, turned into a group of eleven. I ran up to my room once Liz commented on how she wanted a picture. Since everyone else was already in costume, I was the last one. Luke burst into laughter when I came down the stairs in my cat costume.

“You know, when you told me I would like your costume, I was thinking something completely different.” He commented. Liz lifted an eyebrow at him, and he turned bright red.

“I meant like she’d be Batman like me or something.” He stuttered out awkwardly, causing Ash and Cal to laugh. Liz let out a grunt of disapproval, but I winked at Luke, walking over to stand next to him.

“Smile, everyone!” Liz called out, holding up her camera. She started counting down from three, and at the last second, Luke squeezed my side. I jumped slightly, pushing away from him.

“Luke!” I squealed in mock anger. “Can we take another one?” Liz nodded, smiling, before counting down again. This time, Molly decided to make an appearance, jumping up on Luke’s side. It ended up taking three more shots before we got a decent photo (though, Wyatt was definitely not looking at the camera).

--------

“I think Harry’s getting a bit tired.” I chuckled, watching as the ten-year-old stumbled slightly for the third time. Ashton nodded, yawning.

“He’s not the only one. We’ve been walking around neighborhoods for hours. I could use some sleep.” He said. Murmurs of agreement filtered throughout the group.

“Back to the Hemmings house, then?” I asked.

“We’ve got to get back to the hotel. We check out tomorrow morning.” Kendra said.