Chapter 2

No one knew how Heron Baratheon traveled as fast as he did, he beat every horse, every carriage and every boat.  Some speculated that he rode mythical beasts, some whispered that he had powers that allowed him to be in one place and then appear in another, some rumored that he could grow wings mightier than a dragons from his back and flies himself above the clouds to where he wishes to go.  One of them was right, he did ride a beast, a griffon he had found the egg of midway in his travels.  He hatched it and when it grew enough he rode it from place to place, though in the beginning he went from place to place with something rather different.  While Heron was gifted with all creatures he did seem to have an infinity for ones similar to lions, he had found a beast that looked like a lion but when you got closer you noticed its fur the same color of Targaryen hair and large wings protruding from its back.  The beast had been very young when Heron had found it, looking like a lion club in features but the size of a normal full grown lion.  As the creature Heron had named Auden meaning old friend, grew he reached size bigger than a dragon and could no longer keep hidden near Heron as he traveled.

Auden stayed in mountains so high from the ground people couldn't breathe the air though the large beast had no problem.  Heron's griffon, Arnette meaning little eagle, often hid in the wood close to where ever they landed.  Currently Arnette hid in the deep wood, on his back was Heron as the griffon walked towards the opening of the wood so that Heron may go to the castle.  When they got to where the wood broke off into civilization, Heron slid off his child's back and stroked his feathery neck which Arnette responded to by bumping his beak into his father's hand.  Heron smiled softly at Arnette, fondness glowing in his eyes.  Heron loved all the creatures that found him but Arnette and Auden were some of his favorites, probably from the long time they spent together.

Heron pressed a kiss to the beak of Arnette before turning and walking into town, people stopping and staring as he walked towards the castle.  It had been many years since Heron had stepped foot on Kings Landing, but he was unmistakable.  He wore clothes of the common man, with blades hanging around his waist, hidden knives in his boots, a quiver on his back and a boy slung through the quivers strap.  The same blade that his uncle had caught him with so long ago was holstered perpendicular to his quiver.  Lastly he had a sack thrown over his shoulder and a small bag of gold tied to his belt next to a Valerian dagger.  He looked around at the people who watched him, many had gone back to their work but would still sneak glances at the prince.

He saw a woman on the ground begging for money and reached into the pouch on his belt, pulling out five gold coins and dropping them on her palm.  As he walked he would do this same act to any he felt like doing it to, and by the time he reached the castle he had a content smile and an empty bag that used to be filled with coin.  He walked through the doors of the throne room, he saw his family there, his youngest siblings bursting with energy and hopping from foot to foot with joyful smiles on their faces.  Joffrey held his usual smirk but anyone could notice he would every-so-often shuffle his feet, wring out his hands and bite back a real smile.  Cersei kept her smile small but her eyes glowed with joy and her smile went wide when Heron stepped in the room.  Jamie stood beside his sister, eagerly awaiting the arrival of his unknowing son, his smile the same proud one he wore when he had found Heron training in the woods all those years ago.  Tyrion made no move to hide his smile that one of his favorite nephews was returning and for one his hand was free of a cup of wine, not wanting it to stop him from hugging his long since seen nephew.  Lastly was Robert, who sat proudly on the Iron Throne, he seemed the least excited out of them all but his smile was still true, still kind and still proud. 

Heron first noticed the guards lining the carpet leading to the throne and he fought from placing his hand on one of the two swords on his belt, instead choosing to close fist and direct his eyes to his family.  He walked forward and pulled the sword from his back out of its sheath and kneeled before his father, Robert smiled proudly at his son.  "Rise, my son."  Heron looked up at his father and grinned doing as he said, once he was back on his feet and his sword was on his back, the floodgates broke loose and his two youngest siblings barreled into him causing him to take a step back.  He smiled happily and knelt down to hug them properly.