Chapter 3

There were a great many things Heron knew, for instance Heron knew why his family was going to Winterfell, he got news of Jon Arryn death, he suspected his family withheld from leaving in a month because they thought that was how long it would take him to get home.  It was obvious hardly any of them had heard the rumors that surrounded him like flies.  

Heron was on his way to his old room when the call of his mother stopped him, "Cub!"  At the sound of his mother he stopped, turned and faced her.  

"Yes, mother lion?" He asked with a smirk and she shook her head with a fond smile.

"Where are you headed to?" She asked him falling in step with who son who had continued walking.

"My old room to pack some finer clothes, no doubt father will want me looking royal for the Starks," He told her and once again she was reminded by how smart he had gotten.

"I'll help you pack," She told him and he smiled at her, wrapping one of his arms around his mother, she smiled and leaned into his side as they walked to his room.  He opens the door and they walk inside, the place was spotless, and he noticed somethings moved from where he left them.  The room held many things, Heron choosing to take almost nothing with him when he left.  He looked at his old journals upon his desk, filled to the brim with writings about the creatures he had met, and when he glanced near his bed he was a chest, filled with all his old weapons.  

"Things have been moved," He noted walking further into the room, he spent so much time here as a boy but it felt unfamiliar to him now.

"I would come in here when I missed you, looking at your old things.  Sometimes it felt like I was waiting for you to come through those doors, to smile at me as you wrapped your arms around my waist and whined about how I touched your things," She said, her smile sad as she looked around the room.  He smirked to himself and moved to her, wrapping his arms around her waist with a smile.

"Oh mother, you have moved my things, how ever will I find anything now," He mock whined and she smiled up at her boy, who had once been shorter than her, now towered over her.

"Come let's get you packed," She said, placing her hand on his cheek, which caused him to grin and lean into it before leaning forward and kissing her cheek.

"Let's."

Heron would be the first to say he was unused to riding regular horses, in his travels he was almost always transported by the creatures he was father to.  Still even if those of myth were where he was best, normal creatures seem to relax instantly in his presence and the horse behaved perfectly for the boy.  Heron and his family entered Winterfell, the town was lined up to meet them, Joffrey was the second person in their line up, while Heron was behind the carriage holding his mother and younger siblings, Cersei having wanted him in her sight for the trip.  Still he saw the looks shared by his oldest brother and the oldest Stark girl, he also saw the anger that lied in the oldest Stark boy.  

As his father went forward on his horse that Heron was truly surprised didn't collapse under the weight, everyone there bowed to him.  Heron understood why they bowed but he personally hated it, you shouldn't have to bow to your friend.  His father got off his horse and walked forward, towards his long time friend.

The king gestured for Ned Stark to rise, and with him came everyone.  "Your grace," Ned Stark said with a bow of his head, Heron watched the exchange with narrowed eyes, waiting to see what his father did.

"You've got fat," Robert said and Heron smiled, happy to see his father joke with his friend.  Ned simply looked down at the king and raised his eyebrows and they both started to laugh.  Arya though was not paying any attention to the exchange, instead her gaze was on Heron, who wore  a hood over his head so his face couldn't be seen, while the king and Ned laughed she nudged her sister.

"Who is that?" Arya asked pointing towards Heron.  

"I don't know," Sansa spit down at her sister, "Now shut up."

The kind and Ned hugged before the king said warmly, "Cat!" Robert leaned down and hugged Caitlyn Stark who breifly said, your grace.  "Nine years, why haven't I seen you?  Where the hell have you been?"  Robert asked the smiling Warden.

"Guarding the North for you, your grace," Ned said while Heron's family exited the carriage.  While Heron had on a cloak that looked similar to the ones the Northerners wore, his family wore fur and fabric of lighter color and wore their hair up in Southern fashion.  "Winterfell is yours," Ned Stark finished right as Cersei's foot hit the ground.

As Cersei walked forward Arya asked her sister another question, "Where's the imp?"

"Will you shut up?" Sansa asked rudely.

Robert went down the line of Stark children, first stopping at Robb, "You must be Robb."  The two men shook hands, before Robert went to Sansa.  "Aye, you're a pretty one."  The king set his sights on Arya, "Your name is?"

"Arya," The girl said and the king nodded before moving to Bran.

"Ooh, show us your muscles," the king said.  Bran flexed while the king laughed warmly, Heron smiling at the young Stark from under his hood.  "You'll be a soldier."  Bran smiled proudly at the king.

Arya saw Jamie take his helmet off and told Sansa, "That's Jamie Lannister, the queen's twin brother."

""Would you please shut up."

Heron got off his horse as his mother went to the Starks and simply put her hand out for Ned to kiss.  "My queen," Ned said and his wife bowed repeating his words.

"Take me to your crypts I want to pay my respects," Robert said, much to the displeasure of Cersei.

"We've been riding for a month my love, surely the dead can wait," She said.

"Now Ned," The king said ignoring her words.

After her father left Arya once again asked, "Where's the imp."  Cersei looked at the small girl before turning around.

"Where is our brother," Cersei asked Jamie, going to stand with him.  "Go find the little beast."  Heron finally stepped forwarding, walking to his mother all eyes on him.

"How about I go find him," Heron spoke and the Starks', Jon's and Theon's eyes widened.  With his back turned to the Northerners Heron removed his hood, revealing his blonde hair to the people of Winterfell.

Heron turned to face the Starks and smiled at them, "Hello."  While most of the Starks stood still, Arya raced forward with a grin.

"Heron!" Arya jumped at Heron who opened his arms and hugged the small girl to his chest.

"Hello little wolf pup," He told her and Cersei looked at the exchange with hidden anger.

"Heron, you know them?" She asked and he nodded smiling at her.

"I came here during my travels," He told her, looking over Arya's shoulder, his eyes connected with Jon's and the two smiled at each other.  "Now Arya, why don't I go find my uncle."

Heron walked to the whore house, knowing that would be where he finds his uncle.  And he was right, he walked in to find a naked whore straddling his uncle.  The two stopped and looked at him, he grinned with a shrug, "Well don't stop on my account."  The moved off his uncle.

"My prince."

"Should I explain to you the meaning of a closed door in a whore house, nephew," Tyrion said and Heron simply grinned.

"You'll have to teach me no doubt, but your sister craves for your attention," Heron told him.

"She has her cravings our sister," Tyrion said while Heron walked over to the jug of wine and poured himself some.

"That she does, and the Starks are feasting us at sundown, however pleasent your feast here may be, you will be there," Heron said.

"But this is just the first of many courses," Tyrion said in reference to his whores. 

Heron walked towards the doors, "I thought that would be your answer, but we are short on time so..."  Heron opened the door to show a many number of whores.  "Come one girls," They ran in, their breasts already out in show and they all went to the bed with giggles and laughs.  "See you at sundown," Heron said as he left, his next location already set as Tyrion called for him to close the door.