VII. WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR

╔═════ ∘◦ ✾ ◦∘ ══════╗what we're looking for !╚═════ ∘◦ ❈ ◦∘ ══════╝

╔═════ ══════╗
what we're looking for !
╚═════ ══════╝

BRIAN REYNOLDS isn't good with girls, or boys, or people in general.

People his age to be specific, especially people his age that he just so happens to have a crush on.

Shuffling uncomfortably on his feet he glanced at the watch across his wrist. Five minutes late.

She'll show up.

Wouldn't she?

Or maybe she has forgotten about their meet-up?

" Oh God," He thought internally, "This isn't a date isn't it?"

No. This is an interview for his school's newspaper. He had asked ( begged ) the principal to let him interview her for the newsletter. Even if he wasn't part of the group and is already drowning in his own book clubs and cello practices, he still insisted that he was up to the task.

Mr.Izuku didn't even ask why he only shrugged and gave him a questioned look. Other than that, he allowed Brian to interview her on behalf of the school, giving him signed permits that officially declared him as a school representative.

Peter was the least to say, surprised. Gregory however, had to swallow to urge to tell the oblivious boy what the blushes and fiddling meant.

So here he was, approximately six hours and thirty minutes from making a very nervous phone call - ( thanks to Peter ) and asking her if she's interested in meeting him at the park.

She had very casually replied him - ( "In the park ? For a school newspaper ? Sure, Mr. Stark was boring me anyway.")

( Followed by a distant, " Hey, I heard that !" Which suspiciously sounded like Iron Man himself. )

With the voice recorder in hand, he began to slightly tremble, and he had to adjust his collar under the sun, although he doubts it was because it was hot that he's sweating this much.

Just when he was about to leave, hopes shattered into thinking that she had forgotten, he saw a flash of yellow in the crowd.

He held his breath.

She stood there, sunglasses perched above her head with one hand waving him down. The other hand clutching a cherry popsicle, the bright colors of her clothes blending well with the summer weather.

She strode towards him, giving him a pearly grin, " There you are! Sorry, I'm late, saw this on my way here. Not bad, but the Wakandan street food is way better."

Brian limply nodded his head, gawking, "Not-Noted."

He cleared his throat, before anything stupid comes out of his mouth, " Let's go for a walk, and, and while doing so I can interview you?"