Chapter 1

"I'm so sorry, Natsu," I said, placing a hand on his shoulder. The brightest colour was his hair, standing out amongst the sea of black. He smiled weakly at me.

"It was just so sudden." He said, "So much has happened recently."

"I know." I slowly removed my hand. "If you want to talk, I'm always here." I gestured to Nashi, who was amusing herself with a doll away from the bereaved.

"And Nashi," I added.

"I can hardly discuss the death of my mum with her, can I?" He said, "Or my divorce."

"That's true, but she's still there." I paused before continuing, "If you want cheering up." Natsu nodded, and I felt his hand brush against mine, my breath hitched, and I tentatively wound my fingers with his, giving it a quick squeeze before releasing it.

"Thank you." He murmured. "It means a lot."

"No Nashi don't do that!" I cried out, lurching towards her as she stood on a grave. I could hear Natsu chuckle slightly behind me, and I smiled. Maybe that wasn't the appropriate thing to do at a funeral, but it was nice that he wasn't depressed.

"Hi Lisanna," I said. "I'm sorry, about the divorce." Lisanna smiled bitterly.

"It was a string of bad luck, wasn't it." She laughed. "I'm hospitalised after a car accident, and then my husband divorces me." I sat there awkwardly.

"I'm sorry," I said. I didn't know what else to say.

"Please, just stop saying sorry," Lisanna said. "It's not your fault." I nodded slowly.

"But Lucy." I looked up at her. "Natsu really cares for you. In a way, he never really felt with me." She reached out and squeezed my hand, smiling at me.

"To tell you the truth." She sighed, "We never married for love. I loved him, but he never loved me. Our marriage was arranged by our parents. For our companies."

"What?"

"Thank you, Lucy." She smiled. "For everything."

~One year later~

"Hey," I said, unlocking knocking on Natsu's office. He looked up from his computer and smiled when he saw me. Nashi ran over to him and flung herself into his arms.

"To what do I owe this surprise?" He chuckled, tickling Nashi's stomach.

"Can you have her earlier today?" I asked. "A meeting came up with the estate agent."

"Yeah, sure." He said. Nashi looked up at him.

"I'm getting a big room!" She cried out. "Bigger than yours." I laughed at her.

"I don't think it's going to be that big, sweetie," I said, ruffling her hair. "But it's definitely bigger than the one you have right now. Maybe as big as your bedroom at daddy's house." I glanced at my watch.

"I have to go. Be good for Daddy." I gave her a big kiss on the cheek, before letting her go and leaving. "Bye. Have fun."

"We have a new house!" I said, twirling Nashi around.