4 | what's the date?

My secretary of five years just fingered me.
On my desk. My mahogany desk. I do my paper there.

We're dating too.

Just for clarification, not me and my desk me and my secretary.

I also apparently traveled eight months into the future with no clue or recollection on how it happened other than the fact that I entered a building elevator on March 23rd and came out on the same floor to find it was November 23rd in a matter of seconds.

Oh and I have a dog now. That's important too.

Now that that's all out there, time to respond accordingly in a calm and orderly manner.

"Oh look, she finally moved." Harry's voice snapped me back from my little internal breakdown, my eyes blinking until Harry, his dog Bruno that was in his arms with its tongue out, and a handful of my employees in front of me all came into focus.

They all curiously leaned in in unison as I continued to sit on my desk and stare back at them while they watched me in concern.

"Someone touch her to see if she'll move again." Someone stupidly advised in a cowardly whisper.

It was Harry.

"Why don't you touch her. She's looking at you after all." Another employee shot back.

"No she's not." Harry snapped.

My dead eyes shifted towards him causing him to freeze momentarily.

"Look what you did Marshall." Harry hissed in irritation, trying to avoid my glare and mask his terror by turning to Marshall who simply ignored him as he checked his newly manicured nails.

I glared at every head in the room before speaking.

"Get out of my office." I demanded in a low, irritated voice, as if just waking up from an interrupted nap, not even speaking to anyone in specific.

"Okay guys, she's good. Just a malfunction, she's fine." Harry announced back to the rest of the employees with raised arms before the herd of them cleared the room like some kind of plague was lurking in the air.

All of them immediately rushing out the door without another word before I spotted a head of dark brown curls in the midst of the chaos.

"Except you two." I made sure to stop Harry in his tracks, his whole body freezing along with his dog Bruno as the two stood rigidly right at the door before slowly turning their heads to look at me in unison.

I continued to sit on my desk, rubbing my face in exhaustion before looking back at them as the patiently and silently waited for my orders.

"Why." I gave him a look, shrugging my shoulders referring to the hoard of employees that were all cramped in my office as Harry innocently played with the end of his tie, rocking on his heels.

"After I told you how long we've been dating you kind of just blanked out and sat on your desk with a really faraway look in your eyes...." He began to explain with an inquiring look, stuffing his hands in his pockets.

"So then I called Dennis from accounting to see what was up with you and then when Dennis didn't know he called Shiela from the front desk who got Marco the coffee guy-"

"So you invited the whole office." I quickly summed up, squinting at my secretary with furrowed brows before he awkwardly rubbed the back of his neck in a tense manner.

"Well, I mean, not the whole office..." Harry trailed off. "No one invited Jerry."

The door suddenly opened, causing both Harry and I's heads to turn at the sound as Jerry peeked his excited face inside, holding his phone.