chapter 8

Starscream was being bounced on Optimus's knee, he giggled and laughed as he was bounced. "Such a cheerful sparkling. Your daddy is so happy for you." He said gently to Starscream who nodded and got up from his knee. "I want to see daddy and new mummy." He said, Megatron and Arcee were on a date and Optimus was on sparkling duty. "They're on a date getting to know each other. They'll be back soon." Optimus said to him and he nodded. "Will mummy look after daddy's spark?" Starscream asked and this took Optimus by surprise. "Um....well.....i hope so. Your daddy is my best friend, i don't want him getting hurt." Optimus said trying to think of saying it in a way he'd understand. The sparkling nodded and went into another room. "Wait here Oppy, i have a surprise." He said and Optimus smiled and waited. The seeker came back half an hour later in a cardboard uniform that looks like Megatron's armor, he had gotten into June's make up from when she visited last and had made himself look like the warlord. "Oh......my.......Primus. i don't know if that's super cute or if that's super creepy." Optimus said and got out a data pad to take a picture. The sparkling giggled and smiled, it looked cute but strange since Starscream looked like he had once before attempted to file down his teeth but it was too painful. He sent it to Megatron so he could see, he wrote with the picture have a look at what your son has done. He put the data pad away and got up. "Ok i believe it's bath time." He said and picked up Starscream. The seeker giggled and playfully tried wriggling out of Optimus's arms.

Megatron heard a beep from his data pad and got it out. He smiled seeing the picture and looked over to Arcee who stared at the night sky. "Starscream is such a cute little sparkling. He keeps trying to be like me......maybe I should ask Shockwave to make him a little friend." He said showing her the picture. She seemed not to know whether to smile or frown. "He really wants to be like you huh? Why don't you let him?" "Because i don't want him to follow my footsteps by each step. I want him to have his own future. ......preferably one that doesn't involve him growing up to be a murderous creep. He did terrible things when he grew up for the first time but hopefully i can change his future." Megatron said and held her hand looking into her eyes. "I shall raise him like my own life blood, I'm hoping that you'll accept him as yours as well." He said and she smiled. "I'll try to but it may take some time." "That's all that i ask."

Optimus was drying Starscream as he giggled from after his bath. "Now no more getting into the make up kit Starscream." He said and smiled as Starscream fluttered his wings as Optimus dried them. "Oppy that tickles!" He giggled and tried to wrap his small arms around his waist. Optimus smiled, he liked how Starscream called him Oppy. It was adorable and made him feel apart of the seekers life. "Alright Starscream let's dress you and go outside to visit Prediking." He said earning a big smile from the sparkling.

Prediking was in his alt mode, he was near a patch of flowers the children were growing. He sniffed the flowers and smiled, he picked out the daisies knowing that Starscream was allergic. He remembers that Starscream first showed signs of the allergy from when he was created, he had accidentally pushed Starscream over into a field of flowers, luckily they were only budding and he wasn't really effected by it. "Hey Prediking! Over here!" He heard Optimus call out and he looked over smiling seeing Starscream in his arms. He picked up a bouquet of flowers and handed the small bouquet to Starscream. "Here Starscream, I'm sure this'll make you happy." He said and the sparkling giggled. "Thank you Prediking. They're pretty." He said and smiled sniffing the flowers. Prediking held out his arms and Optimus nodded handing Starscream over to the Predicon. Prediking took Starscream back to the flight deck. After two hours of playing Starscream fell asleep in the Predicons arms. Optimus smiled at them and came over to them, he gently stroked Starscream's wings listening to him purr. "Let's put him to bed. Megatron should be here soon." He said and Prediking nodded. "I'll put him to bed, you get yourself home. I'm sure Ratchet will be happy to see you." Prediking said and Optimus nodded smiling. He got off the flight deck and walked the short distance over to his base where Ratchet was waiting in their room.

Prediking carefully tucked Starscream into bed, he watched with a smile as the seeker curled into the bed.......it seemed familiar the way he curled up with his wings tucked into his back and his face in his stomach. That can't be possible. This would mean.......oh no. He thought and snuck quietly away now slightly scared of him. He has heard of things like this but to see it first hand.......this kid was going to need more than love to help him, he's going to need a higher form of help. He heard Megatron enter his part of the room, he snuck out of the room and crept back to his cave in the side of the Autobots base. As he layed in the nest he made he looked at the big space that was empty. He felt like he was missing something in his life that seemed like it would never be filled.

🔧🔧🔧🔧🔧🔧🔧🔧🔧🔧🔧🔧🔧

Shockwave was in his lab. He was continuing with the Predicon project, in the tube he was writing the report on had a female Predicon in it. "Good. The female is coming along nicely." He mumbled and walked away as he scribbled on the notes. He didn't notice the low rumbling growl, he didn't notice the small movements the Predicon made. "Starscream is going to love you. He will have a lot of fun being with you." Shockwave said mostly talking to himself.