~ᴛʜᴇ ᴅᴇᴇᴅ~

~3:05 ᴘ.ᴍ~

 "You WHAT?!" Lafayette squealed over the phone, causing John to laugh. "Yep!" He said, catching his breath. "Is it a girl?! Or a boy?!" He asked excitedly. Lafayette and Hercules knew about his sexuality. He'd told them. They accepted him, and he was so very thankful for that. "It's a boy.." John said, which made Lafayette squeal more.

 "Putain de merde! Who is it?!" "His name is Alex.." John giggled, and tried to cover it with his hand. Lafayette squealed screaming in french. "JE LE SAVAIS! JE LE SAVAIS!" He yelled. John couldn't hold in his laughter. "MON DIEU I MUST TELL HERCULES!! PLEASE??" He begged over the phone. "Hmmm... Okay!" John pretended to think about it. "YAYYY!!" Lafayette squealed. 

 There was a beep on the phone. "Hello, Hercules are you there?" Lafayette asked. "Yup. I'm here. Wassup?" Herc asked. "Jackie has something to tell you!" Lafayette said, fangirling. "Oh, ok. Wassup my dude?" "Well, I kinda have a crush..." John trailed off. "Oh no way man! Oh who?!?!" "ALEXANDER HAMILTON!!" Lafayette squealed. "Dude, I don't blame you! He's super hot!" Hercules said, laughing at Lafayette. "Oh, I know!" John said dreamily.

 "I can't believe he lent you his cell after the incident!" Hercules exclaimed. "Well, it's not that big of a deal! Although it was super sweet.." John squeaked. "Uh, yeah it is!" Lafayette exclaimed. "I think you should totally go for him, John!" Hercules said, fangirling a little. "What? But he's with Angelica!" "So?!" The two exclaimed in unison. "Wouldn't that be wrong?" John asked, laying down on his bed. "Psh, it's not like Angelica's some kind of saint!" Hercules said. "I mean, are they even officially together? All they ever do is make out in the hall way! I doubt they even have a proper conversation!" Lafayette said with a chuckle. 

 "Yeah, but Angelica would be pretty pissed if I went for her boyfriend.." John mumbled. "So? Take the queen from the king. Then she doesn't have much left!" Hercules tried to reason. "But.. what if he doesn't like me?" John asked, suddenly feeling insecure. "Yeah, right!" Lafayette said. "You'll never know unless you try, John!" Hercules said. "Ok.. I guess.." 

"So you'll try?!" Lafayette asked excitedly.

"Sure.." John said, a little unsure. "YES!" Lafayette squealed. Hercules laughed. 

 Eleanor knocked on John's door. "Jackie?" She asked. "Oh, I gotta go guys, bye!" John hung up, placing the phone on the receiver. "Yeah Mom?" He asked, sitting up on his bed. "Dinners ready.." she said, opening the door. She looked at her son. He seemed different now to her. "Ok, I'll be right down." He said. Eleanor nodded and closed the door behind her as she walked downstairs. John sighed, and looked over to his mirror. 

 He stared at himself. He did look a bit on the chubby side, didnt he? Why would a hot, popular jock like Alexander like a chubby loser like John. He looked down, nearly breaking into tears. He could hear the rejection playing in his mind. 

Laughter. "Nobody would want to be caught DEAD with a loser like YOU!" 

 John shook his head, wiping tears from his eyes. He looked back in the mirror. His friends would tell him he's beautiful. Could they just be telling him that because of pity? Did they feel bad for him for being so damn ugly? John's heart was close to breaking. "Am I really that ugly..?" He asked quietly. Nobody was there to answer his question. "Angelica's a lot skinnier than me. maybe that's why he likes her better." John sucked in air, trying to look skinnier. It worked. If only he could find some way to lose weight he'd be this skinny. Just like Angelica. Or skinnier.

 He nodded, he'd start tomorrow. This would be his last meal for a while. 

 John walked downstairs, untying his hair from its ponytail. The lose curls fell on his shoulder, bouncing gracefully with every step. He was beautiful, he was just to blind to see it. 

 John sat down at the table. This was it. His last meal for a while. He'd make sure of it. "Smells good, Mom." John said, sitting down at the table. "Yes it does! Now, let's eat! I'm starving!" Eleanor said with a chuckle. She sat down beside her son, picking up a piece of chicken with her fork. John munched on some mac-n-cheese, eating like it was his last meal. Well, in reality, it would be. John's plan had to be full proof. He though about it all during dinner. He'd eat until he was slightly full. He'd say he was stuffed, then not eat breakfast. Lunch was at school, so he didn't have to worry about that. His plan was foolproof. 

 "Hey, where's Dad?" John asked, raising a brow. "Oh, he had a meeting. He won't be back until late." Eleanor said, then took another bite of chicken. "Oh, ok," John said, then continued eating. 

 Suddenly, the door bell rang throughout the house. Causing John to jump a little. "Oh, who could that be?" Eleanor asked no one in particular, standing up, and walking over to the door. John thought for a moment, then gasped at an idea. He quickly grabbed his plate and ran over to the trash can, dumping the rest of his plate in it. He felt sudden guilt, but shook it off. Instead, pleasure ran though his veins. He'd found a way out of eating tonight, which was better than getting even fatter. 

 John heard muffled voices in the background, but didn't try and make out what they were saying. He quickly did the deed, and ran back to his seat, placing the plate back on the table where he sat. His heart raced, adrenaline pumping though his veins. He'd never done this before. 

 Eleanor walked back, sitting at the table. "It was just a delivery for your father." She said, then looked at John's plate. "Oh! You've already finished?" She asked, gawking. "Uh, yeah! I was pretty hungry.." John chuckled. "Well, alright then!" She chuckled at her son. "Would you like some desert?" John's eyes widened for a split second. "No- I mean Yeah! Yeah, I'd like some desert!" He exclaimed. "Ok, then," Eleanor eyed him before getting up. She walked to the fridge and got out a piece of cake from the other night when she baked. She handed it to him after taking the plastic wrap off of it. "Here you go, Honey," She said with a smile. "Thank you!" John said, then walked to his room with the cake. 

 He set the cake down on his nightstand and plopped down on his bed. He looked at the cake for a moment, then sighed deeply. He was tempted to eat it, but looked away. He couldn't eat it. It made him feel sick just thinking about how many pounds he'd gain from it. In reality, not many, if any at all; but in his mind was a different story. 

 He got up and dumped the cake into the trash, not daring to look at it after he'd done so. It was his mother's special recipe. He just couldn't eat it. He wouldn't eat it. John lay back on his bed, staring at the ceiling. His world around him seemed to spin. 

 John sat up and looked in the mirror. "This will all be worth it once I'm skinnier than Angelica.." John said, swallowing thickly. In his eyes were tears. He wiped them and lay back down, huffing. "Once I'm skinnier than Angelica, Alex is sure to like me.." John paused, wiping another tear. 

 "Right?..."