Chapter 8: "Putting a plan into action"

After a not-so-long fight, the Elemental Masters were being driven to the army's camp as prisoners. The knights took them to were they will keep them until they arrive at the capital again.

Since it was getting dark, they decided to stay for the night and begin their trip tomorrow.

But during that night, and while everyone was asleep, Princess Skylor wasn't in her tent. She was secretly talking to group of soldiers. They seemed shocked at the beginning, but then nodded and agreed to what she was saying. She ended her small speech with "I''ll speak to the commander myself, and I'll be telling as much knights as I can, but I also need you to spread the news."
They nodded again, before she dismissed them.

--- The next day ---
-- Skylor's POV --

I was in the same tent as my father, the general was also here. The King was talking to a knight that, if I remember correctly, was one of these guarding the elemental masters.

Then, another knight burst in. He was unarmored, a look of panic on his face. "Your Majesty!" He shouted, out of breath.
I shared a look with the commander, and he nodded at me.

"Your Majesty.." The soldier repeated, "they're.. they're-" He was cut off by a sword piercing through his body. The bleeding corpse dropped to the ground right after the weapon was pulled back.
The owner of the sword was another knight, a bunch of other warriors followed him into the tent, all in their full armors. They pointed their swords at the King. 

"What on earth is this?!" He shouted. "Commander! I-" He turned to the general, but found this one pointing his sword to his neck. The King panicked, for, at the moment, he was still unarmored, not even with a sword.

"What do you think you're doing?! Put you sword down, you- "

"My apologies," the general interrupted, "but I only take orders from Her Highness, the Queen."
At this moment, I gathered as much confidence as I could, and approached them. My father turned to me with a look of disbelief.  

"I believe your time is over, Your Majesty." I said in the calmest voice I could have found right now.

"Skylor? You betray me?! How dare you?" He hissed.

I ignored him, and brought my attention to the group of knights. "Your Highness, we have eliminated all resistance between the troops."

"Good job." I then looked at the commander. "Chain him. We're heading back to the capital."

----

--- Later at the capital ---
-- 3rd person POV --

The young Queen gave her people a long speech, making them a few announcements, and a lot of good promises. She stood in the huge balcony of the castle, the Elemental Masters behind her, the armies' commander on her right.

After she finished her talk, the people started shouting for her. If anything, she was definitely loved by the public more than her father.

"Long live the Queen!" The commander shouted, and the crowds cheered after.
The commander then turned to her, "they seem to love you already, Your Highness."

"Indeed," she said with a big smile, voice low. "I can't believe it."

"Now that they've accepted you as Queen, all that's left is your coronation tomorrow, to make it official."

The redhead smiled widely, eyeing the crowd again. To say she was overwhelmed was an understatement.
She then turned around to face the Elemental Masters, and instantly, they all dropped to one knee. She walked towards then, or to be more precise, towards a specific fighter in red.

"Rise, warrior." She whispered at him with an amused grin.

He first raised his head and looked her in the eyes, wearing the same amused grin as her, before he rose to his feet. She took a few steps backwards, and he followed her.
Back to the people, and face to her forbidden lover, she stepped closer to him, smashing her lips on his. He kissed back, wrapping an arm around her wait to pull her closer.

The crowds seemed to take a moment to understand what was happening, or maybe to understand how they should feel about it, before they burst into cheers again.

"Damn, people are watching." Kai breathed, as their lips parted for a moment.

"Since when do you even care about that?" She whispered, and kissed him again.

--

THE END

--

...

Bonus: (like a short epilogue or smth idk) (bts this takes place a few years later)
--

-- Kai's POV --

I rushed into the bedroom, to see Skylor sitting on the bed, holding the baby, wrapped in a small blanket, in her hand.
I raced to her, feeling so overwhelmed. This was our daughter.

I sat next to her on the bed, and she handed me the child. I expected the babg to cry as soon as she saw me or something, but she didn't. She was sleeping peacefully.

"So, what do you want to call her?" The question was clearly directed at me.

"How about.. Blaze?"

She hummed, then repeated the name. "That sounds good."

"Alright, then it's Blaze."

The baby shuffled in my arm, and I handed her back to Skylor.
She carried the baby on her arms, before leaning with her head on my chest and closing her eyes. I ran my fingers through her hair, while my other hand's fingers intertwined with hers.

"I love you, My King." She whispered sweetly.

"I love you too, my Queen."

--

THE END FOR REAL THIS TIME

--

Ta-da!
This is it.
The story is over.
I can now waste time peacefully without having my conscious nagging me to finish the fanfic I put on hold months ago.

I'm both loving this and cringing at how unreal it is lol.
P.s. One who marries a Queen does not become King. But this is my book and Imma do whatever I want.

Thanks for those who are still reading.
Thanks for the support.
And thanks for voting to my crap.

See you in another book I guess.
Love you peeps.

~Ninjagirlfan;D