Chapter 17: Facing death

<Kurapika p.o.v.>

Me and Hisoka were running towards the other's aura, when I felt Kaya's presence disappearing. I looked at Hisoka in shock and saw his panicked expression. Hisoka panicked? Well, that's a thing. His aura burst out and he fastened the pace. "Calm down, Hisoka! She could be using Zetsu." His expression didn't change but I felt him using En again. His radius was still not enough and he looked more and more worried. The normal En radius can reach maximum 50 meters, yet he almost reached 100. "Damn it!" Hisoka said clenching his teeth. He was running faster and was a few meters away from me, but I could still hear him whispering something. "I won't let you die Kaya. Just hang on." I was shocked at his words. I couldn't think of Hisoka actually being this worried for someone else than himself.

After a few minutes of running, I saw Hisoka was tired because of using En. "Hisoka, stop using En. You won't make it to Kaya if you keep exhausting yourself like this." He didn't say anything, but stopped En.

We arrived at a cave and at the same time did Gon, Killua and Leorio. "Yo, Kurapika! Are you ok?" Gon asked me. They were bruised and their clothes were full of mud. "I'm fine. What happened to you?" Gon smiled before answering. "We fought with an army of giant monkeys!"

I looked around and noticed that Hisoka was already inside the cave. I moved forward, entering the cave, with Gon, Killua and Leorio behind me. The cave was small, full of stones. I looked in the corner of the cave and my eyes turned red. I saw Kaya laying on the floor, lifeless...Killua went to calm Alluka down, as she was crying. "Oniichan...Kaya is...She protected me..." Alluka said between sighs. Hisoka was standing in front of Kaya's corpse. He leaned down and started carrying her outside the cave. He went to a cliff and got a coin from his pocket.

<flashback>

<Hisoka p.o.v.>

"Hisoka...If I die, throw this coin in the air. My sister will take me if you do so." Kaya said landing me a gold coin. "If you say so...but who said I'll let you die" I said placing a kiss on her soft lips. The thought of her dying is piercing my heart. I won't let it happen.

<end of flashback>

<Gon p.o.v.>

We followed Hisoka out of the cave and saw him throwing a coin. The coin stopped in the air and something began to glow. A hand came out of the light and grabbed Kaya. It was a beautiful girl with snow-white hair. Kaya disappeared in the light...I started to cry, so as Killua and Leorio. Why did she had to die?! We cried and cried and cried and sat in silence about an hour. I saw Hisoka was standing on that cliff, without moving a muscle. He must be sad...I mean, it's Hisoka, but they were close to each other. Maybe I should cheer him somehow. I stood up and went closer to the cliff.

It started to rain heavily. Hisoka's hair was down. "Hi-Hisoka..." I said shaking. He didn't react. At that point, I didn't anymore think he was sad, because he was rather mad at himself. "You can't be like that forever! Do you think Kaya would've want you to mourn her! Do you think she would've want you to be-" I stopped when I saw tears coming down his cheeks. "SHE GAVE YOU A REASON TO BE HAPPY!!!...didn't she...?" I shouted and frowned at him. Hisoka slowly turned his head to me, with tears in his eyes. "My reason for happiness just died..." he said causing me burst in tears. He sounded so broken... "But-"I was cut down by Hisoka who stood up and started walking toward me. "Say no more, Gon. I can't take it..." he said disappearing in the woods. This settles it...He truly loved her.