Chapter One: The Beginning

Trapped Inside
Chapter One: The Beginning

The sound of chirping birds and rustling leaves made a soft melody as the wind softly blew onto the little village.

Kids running around their homes, playing tags with each other as they filled the little village with happiness and laughter.

On the field, which was a few kilometres away from the village, stood a little girl. She was dressed in a milky white sleeveless shirt with a thin brown jacket as well as a pair of black trousers and a pair of brown boots. A small black bag was tightly secured on her back.

Her long, brown hair slowly flow around her as the wind gently hit her. Her dark blue eyes glistened as the sunlight shined on them.

She stood there, silently humming to herself as she enjoy the breezes. Without knowing, she walked and walked farther away from her village, following the breezes.

Suddenly, she fell on the rough ground as someone accidentally bumped onto her.

"Sorry!" The guy turned around and shouted as he continued running forward, but he dropped a black object onto the ground.

He was wearing a sleeveless grey shirt with white trousers and a black cap.

"Wait!" She shouted back, "you left something!"

Although she shouted back, the guy can't hear her as he was already far away from her. The girl got no choice but to pick up the thing that he left. It was his wallet.

The brown haired girl need to give him back his wallet. So she ran after him, leaving thumping sounds every time she took a step forward. She ran and ran until she saw him hopped into a large sailing ship.

Without wasting a second, she jumped into the ship, barely making into it as she hold on to the side of the ship. The person from earlier noticed her and helped pulling her up into the ship.

"Sir you left your wallet," the girl politely said as she handed the wallet to the guy. She had to look up at him as he was taller than her.

"Please don't call me 'sir', I'm not that old. Am I?," he wore an irritated expression as he looked down at her, "thanks," he snatched his wallet from the little girl.

The girl was slightly annoyed by him, "so, what should I call you, sir?," she mocked him.

"Why would I tell a stranger my name?," he asked her back, inching his face closer to the girl.

The little girl was mentally slapping herself because of his dumbness. He freaking just said not to call him sir. Well, I don't care anymore.

"That's actually a good reason for me not to know your name and call you sir," she continued mocking him as she brought her face closer to him, "after all, I'm just a stranger. Aren't I?"

An invisible lightning dangerously strike between them, showing that they don't like each other. The guy scowled as she victoriously smirked at him.

"Revi, and I'm sixteen years old," he finally told the girl his name as he backed away from her, "see? I'm not that old."

"Nice to meet you sir, my name's Aile and I'm fourteen years old," the girl copied the way he introduced himself, still mocking him, "see? You are older than me, sir."

He scoffed at Aile as he turned away from her. With that, Aile also turned back to go to her village. She realized that the ship was already sailing a few kilometres away from her village. Panicked, she turned back towards Revi, who was still turning away from her.

"Revi, where is this ship going?," Aile calmly asked, but inside, her heart was beating rapidly as if she was running.

"So you finally decided to call me by my name huh," he turned back towards Aile, ignoring her question, "why so sudden?"

"I'm asking you a question, so answer me," Aile intensely stared at his ocean blue eyes, "hurry, I don't have much time."

"If you wanna know, this ship is sailing to Dolle Harbor," seeing her seriousness, he answered her question, "why would you even get into the ship when you don't know where the ship is going?," he folded his arm on his chest.

"As a kind person that my mother told me to be, I need to give you your wallet that you accidentally left," Aile said, "so be thankful I didn't leave it there, and how can I get back to my village there?" Aile pointed towards the direction of her village with her index finger.

"First of all, you, kind? Pfft," he chuckled, "second, you can't get back there, because once this ship starts sailing, there's no way turning back."

Aile's eyes widened as she heard his last sentence.

"How can I tell my mom about this?!," Aile was now panicked inside and outside. There was no way she could go back to her village now. "My mother will be worried about me! I shouldn't have given you back your wallet if I know I would ended up like this."

Revi suddenly felt a little care and responsibility towards her, as if there was a wire connecting the both of them. The girl's shoulders slumped as she looked down, thinking how will her mother react if she found out she wasn't at the village.

"I'm sorry," Revi said, "I promise I'll get you back to your village when I finished the Hunter Exam as a payment for giving me back my wallet," he promised. His tone was softer than before.

Aile gave him a confused expression. There was something that caught her attention in his sentence, which made her forgot about her village.

"Hunter Exam...?" She repeated unsurely, to make sure she didn't misheard what he was saying.

Suddenly, a loud scream was heard from their distance, catching both of their attention.

-

Note:

This is my first time making a book on Wattpad, so I'm new to this.

If I have any errors or mistakes in my writings, please point it out in the comment section. I will be so grateful.

I will try to make this book more better and interesting.

Hope you enjoy this!

31/05/2018
Yea_TaeCup