Chapter Nine: Babam

Trapped Inside
Chapter Nine: Babam

Finally, the ship arrived at Dolle Harbor and Aile was the first one to jump out of the ship, bouncing her hair along with her as her thin jacket flutter behind her. She landed on the bumpy, white floor with her left knee bent close to her chest and her other leg bent onto the ground. Her palms made contact with the floor on her sides to support herself.

Standing up, she examined her surroundings. There were people dispersed everywhere in the area, chattering with each other. The squawking of the cranes came back, filling in her ears. A few similar ships were linining up on the ocean near the port. Big, wooden boxes were scattered on the edges. Pieces of small rocks decorated the ground.

A piece of memorry popped up right into her mind as the corner of her smooth lips curved upwards. She bent down and picked up a small rock that was lying on the ground just near her brown boots with her right hand. Standing back up, she turned herself around. She spotted Revi talking with the captain near the ship she was in with the others before. His back was facing her. Slowly, she lifted her right hand with the piece between her index finger and her thumb until it was just a few centimiters away from her head. Without wasting a second, she forcefully threw it. It hit Revi's head and fell onto the ground, leaving a faint clattering sound.

Revi turned around, looking down at the small rock. Looking straight forward, he saw a short brown haired girl in a throwing position. She quickly pulled her right hand down beside her thigh and sheepishly smiled.

"What do you thing you're doing?," Revi asked, walking towards her as his expression changed to an annoyed one with his left eye twitching. The squawking of the sea cranes mixing with the chattering noise of the people nearby were not a good combination of sound to hear for him.

The girl stood there, processing what was happening. "Oops..?," she grinned. Her expression turned upside down when she saw Revi was dashing towards her. In a flash, she turned around and ran forward. Her arms were bent in a ninety degrees with her long brown hair fluttering on her face and her back messily. There were many people, so it was hard to go through all of the people there. Plus, most of the people there were tall compare to her short figure.

Aile slightly turned her head to take a peak while running forward. Revi was still chasing after her. A squeak escaped her lips as she quickened her pace. She bumped onto someone and fell onto the bumpy ground. 'Why do I keep bumping onto people? I think I have enough of bumping onto anyone for today,' Aile thought as she stood up. A groan alerted her attention to the person she bumped. Aile quickly bent down and help her stand up by pulling her left hand up. "I'm sorry! I was not looking where I was going," Aile confesses, looking down at her brown boots.

"Nah, its cool I wasn't looking at where I was going too," she pointed out. "So, its part of my fault too. For that, I apologized." Aile finally looked up at the girl standing before her, smiling. She was wearing a pair of black shorts, which ended on her middle thighs and a pale blue short-sleeved shirt with a pair of white shoes. She have long black hair tied into a pony tail with her bangs covering her forehead. Her brown eyes were staring into her blue ones. That's when she realized she have the same height as her.

"My name's Aile, and I'm fourteen years old."

"Mine is Rose, and I'm the same age as you. By the way, why were you running?"

"Shoot!"

Aile immedietly grabbed Rose's right hand and ran forward. Rose was befuddled by Aile's action as she just ran along with her, thinking someone bad was chasing after the brown haired girl. "May I ask why we are running? And to where?"