Chapter Seven: Battle

Trapped Inside
Chapter Seven: Battle

Leorio faced down, closing both of his black eyes. "Gee, I've got no choice, I guess I I have to answer your question," he sighed. Facing back up, he opened his eyes back, looking at the captain with determination to answer the question. "The reason why I want to become a hunter is that I-"

"I am the only survivor of the Kurta Clan," Kurapika calmly stated, cutting of Leorio's sentence with no emotion present on his face.

The atmosphere became heavier as the tension thicken. Aile's expression turned sour at his statement as she thought to herself, Kurta Clan... ? Suddenly, a shout forcefully took her out of her trance.

"Hey!," Leorio snapped as he turned around, glaring at the blonde haired male while clenching his fists. "I was just gonna tell him my reason!"

"I want to be a Blacklist Hunter to capture convicts who have bounties on their heads," he informed, completely ignoring the pissed Leorio.

"And why is that?," the captain asked, looking at Kurapika.

"Four years ago, all of my brethren were brutally massacred," he said with a dull, flat voice. "The gang of thieves, the Phantom Troupe, was responsible, and I'm determined to have my revenge."

"And that's why you want to become a hunter?" Kurapika nodded. "The Phantom Troupe has a class A bounty on them. Even the most experienced hunter is going after them," he abruptly stopped. "It could cost you your life."

"I do not fear death, but what I fear the most is that my rage will eventually fade away," Kurapika said, slightly furrowing his eyebrows.

"Heh, get over yourself already," Leorio scoffed. "you can take your revenge without going through all of the troubles of becoming a hunter."

"Don't be as stupid as you look, everyone knows that as a hunter you have a permission to do a few others can't," Kurapika glowered. "You have access to other places and information that no one else does. You could take almost any action Rioleo."

"For the last time! Its Leorio!"

"Well then, let's hear your reason, Leorio," the captain mused.

"My reason? I'm not gonna tell or guess what you wanted me to say, so I'm just going straight to the point," Leorio disseminated. "Money! As a hunter I'll make loads of money, and then I can buy myself everything that I have always wanted! A huge mansion! A cool car! Top grade boost!," he laughed, pulling his hands in front of him as he faced his palms upwards, and slightly bent his fingers. Sliding his legs apart, he bent down a little bit and continued cackling.

His surroundings turned a gradient of pale yellow to dark orange. Hundreds of shiny yellow coins rapidly fell from above him, disappearing when they touched the ground with no sounds. His dark blue suit coat fluttering around him.

"I wonder if you could buy yourself some classes, Rioleo," Kurapika said, pulling the taller male out of his wild imaginations into reality.

"That's the third strike," Leorio abruptly stopped laughing as he lowered his head and closed his eyes. He sighed as he whipped his head back up, showing half of his left face to Kurapika. Shadows fell over the other side of his face. "Let's take it outside. You Kurta tribes are a bunch of dirty halfwit who knows nothing about manners," Leorio glowered .