Chapter Six: Test

Trapped Inside
Chapter Six: Test

"You want me to tell you what my name is?!," Leorio said loudly. Right now, he was standing in front of the captain as he just calmly stood in front of Leorio with his hands resting beside his thighs.

"Yes, I do," the captain calmly stated, his eyes completely dull as he stared right at Leorio.

In the corner of the room, the spiky haired boy slightly turned his head to look at the captain. "My name's Gon," the spiky haired boy, Gon, said with big a smile on his face.

"I'm Kurapika," the blonde haired male, Kurapika, said as he sat up from his sleeping position. The white hammock slightly swayed at the movement.

Not far from where Leorio was sitting earlier, Aile quickly stood up from her lying position, "I'm Aile!," she excitedly said.

Revi followed her actions, standing up beside the girl as the captain intensely stared at him. "Revi," he said, masking his face with a cold expression.

The dark blue business suit men loudly sighed, deciding to do the same as the others, "and I'm Leorio." He looked to his left, avoiding eye contact with the captain. An irritated expression showing on his face.

The captain closed his eyes, "so, Gon, Kurapika, Aile, Revi, Leorio," the captain stopped talking as he opened his eyes back, scanning each of the said names faces. "I want each one of you to tell me the reason why you want to become a hunter."

This question made Aile questioningly looked up at Revi. Revi stared back at her, raising his left eyebrow as if telepathically communicating with her, but to no avail as Aile just raise her left eyebrow as well. Revi opened and closed his mouth, mouthing a word. Aile stared at him with a disgusted expression on her face. It was like looking at a gaping mouth of a fish.

Looking a t her reaction, Revi gave her a disgusted look back. Quickly, Revi whispered a word he was mouthing earlier, "lie."

Lie? But, that's bad, Aile thought.

Looking at Aile's face, Revi quickly whispered, "I'll treat you ice cream later."

As Aile smiled, she put both of her hands up, sticking her thumbs out. Revi frowned, starting to regret his decision as he and Aile looked back towards the captain.

"Hey, why don't you mind your own business? You're here just to steer the ship," Leorio rudely said.

"Just answer the question," the captain said with a calm tone, even though Leorio just shouted in front of him.

"What if I don't!" Leorio shouted in front of the captain's face.

In the middle of their conversation, Gon chimed in "captain! I'll tell you why I want to be a hunter!," he enthusiastically said, not feeling the thick tension surrounding the ship. "My dad was one and I wanna see what its like."

"Woah, there kid, I was still talking to this old guy," Leorio cut Gon's speech, slowly talking with full confidence. "He doesn't need to know your life story anyway."

"What's the big deal? Its no secret-," Gon spoke back as he looked up at the tall male, trying to find an answer to his question.

"Because, I don't want to tell him!," Leorio shouted in front of his face, banding down a little at his height. "I don't have to do what he says, you see, I like to stand up for myself, that means never let anyone boss you around-"

"I agree with you, Rioleo," Kurapika jumped down from the hammock, producing a small tap as he landed on the floor, interrupting their conversation.

"Hey you, who the hell do you think you are?," Leorio quickly asked with an irked expression, "next time, you better say my name the right way!," he shouted.

What's going on? I don't like this, Aile thought to herself, frowning a little bit at the scene before her as she began to feel dizzy at the shouting.

"It would be easier enough to dodge the captain's question by making up a reasonable lie," the blonde haired male ignored Leorio as he continued talking, "however, I consider lying to be a sin that's equal to greed," he walked forward towards the door of the room, where both of Leorio and the captain were, "and dishonourable."

"The name is Leorio you got that," Leorio was no longer shouting. In fact, he was saying it with a serious expression and a low tone.

"But, I also feel that I cannot disclose the truth to a stranger who I just met," he said, looking at the captain, "my reason for becoming a hunter is much too personal." Leorio was lowly growling as the blonde haired male ignored him and calmly continued his speech. "And that's why, I choose not to answer the question at this time."

"You listening to me? The name's Leorio!," Leorio shouted once again, finally gaining attention from Kurapika. Gon turned his face back and forth towards them as they intensely stared each other. Revi looked at them with furrowed eyebrows as Aile quizzically watched them while uncomfortably rubbing her hands together.

"If the two of you can't answer the question, then you can get off my ship. Now," the captain suddenly said, gaining all of their attentions as they faced the captain. "You still don't get it do you? The Hunter Exam has already begun, it started the minute you set foot on this ship." He pulled out a card with two large black crosses printed on it. It have yellow border, pale green background with a pink triangle inside a red square, which was covering half of the card. There was a small sentence written on the card which was below the two crosses.

One by one, the four males gasped at the sight as Aile just stared at it with a confused expression on her face. Leorio took a step back, "That's- from the Hunter Association!" The storm rumbled, scattering the lightning on the sky as smaller waves hit the ship, slowly swaying it with the help of the strong wind.

"There are as many people that wants the Hunter License as there are stars on the sky, you think there are enough examiner with the time to judge them all?," he chuckled, "hardly, that's why there are people like me, not only steer the ship, but also stream the applicants, the rest of the passengers didn't understand it, but I'll make my report on them. And, if they took a different route, they will be disqualified." The captain slightly curved his mouth upwards, "what this all mean is, whether or not you five can take the exam has been left up to me, so you want to answer the question that I just asked you or not?" He smirked.

-

Note:

Helloooo again!

I published a chapter when it reached more than one thousand words. I was wondering if it was too long or too short or just.. okay? Sooo what do you guys think?

Sorry for the late update! I'm just really busy with my school works lately ;-;

From now on, I'm going to update this book once a week or twice if I have enough time ヽ(^o^ヽ)

02/07/2018
Yea_TaeCup