Chapter Eight: Starting Over

Trapped Inside
Chapter Eight: Starting Over

"Umm, thank you!," Aile enthusiastically exclaimed, despite being upsidedown and nearly got eaten by the vast ocean. Aile turned her head towards Revi, only to see the disappointment in his face. "And... sorry."

The others, who was just beside them smiled, despite being in the same condition as Aile.

"Thank you guys, you saved my life," Kanzo gratefully thanked after Aile finished her sentence. As soon as he finished his sentence, a small wave hit his face as if replying him a 'welcome'. He coughed while the others chuckled. They safely got pulled back into the ship by the help of the other crew members of the ship and by the captain himself.

Soon, the sky began to lighten up as pure white clouds slowly appeared on the sky. All of the crew members of the ship worked together, fixing the broken parts of the ship. Most of them wore the same clothes as Kanzo, a light grey sleeveless shirt with a pair of white pants.

"Okay! Pull!," one of the crew encouraged as he hold the other shroud connecting to the other mast with his left hand holding on it and his foot stepping on it, facing to his right. In front of him was the broken main mast, which was currently hanging in a horizontal position, wrapped with a white sailcloth and ropes around it. Two other people from the crew was on it. One was sitting on it while holding a rope attached to it and the other one was standing steadily behind him, also holding a rope. The mast slowly got higher into the air, slightly swaying left to right as the others pulled the other ropes attached to it from the ground.

Leorio was sitting cross legged near the side of the ship with his glasses resting on his nose. He was shirtless with his tie loosely hanging around his neck and a pair of red short shorts with vertical black stripes. To his right, was Kurapika, closing his eyes and sitting with his legs bent not too close to his chest, exposing his white pants. Gon was standing beside Kurapika, his hands folded behind his head while looking at the azure sky.

Leorio sighed, "hey, Gon, that was a pretty stupid thing to do, you know." Gon turned his head towards him. "You too, Aile." Hearing her name, she also turned her head to look at him with a puzzled face.

"Yes, very reckless," Kurapika agreed, still closing his eyes.

"If we hadn't grabbed your legs, you would have drown there along with that sailor."

"But you did grab my legs," Gon chimed, sitting down beside Kurapika and crossed his legs. Hearing his statement, Kurapika immediately opened his eyes, looking at the boy beside him.

"I agree!," Aile giggled. She was sitting cross legged beside Leorio.

"Idiots," Revi sighed. To Aile's left was Revi. He was also sitting cross legged beside Aile with his arms folded on his chest.

Aile turned his head to her left, pouting. "Hey!"

"What? Its true."

"So, what happened to your fight?," Gon asked. Remembering the scene, Aile's expression turned gloomy as she looked forward, away from anyone.

"Fight?," Leorio questioned. "Ahh right, we were fighting weren't we?"

"Allow me to apologize for being so rude to you before," Kurapika turned his head to his left, looking at Leorio. "I'm sorry, Leorio." Aile slightly smiled hearing his apology to Leorio, which made her heart feel warm.

Leorio looked away, rubbing his nape with his left hand. "Don't worry about it, I guess I was being too sensitive." Pulling his left hand away from his nape, he earnestly looked at Kurapika. "The mean stuff I said about your people, I take it all back." Kurapika gave him a small smile with his eyes closed.

Suddenly, A loud laugh brought their attenetion to the source of the voice, leading them to the captain, which was now in front of them. "All three of you have passed the test." They confusedly look at each other as they stayed quiet for a while.

"Three?" Revi questioned as he stood up, walking in front of the captain. He was a bit shorter compared to the captain. "What do you mean three?"

The captain continued laughing, holding some type of an old smoking device near his mouth, which looked like a brown pipe curved upwards at the end of it. "You didn't remember?," the captain asked as Revi shook his head to his right and left.

"Is it because we haven't answer your question yet?," Aile chimed in, standing up and walking forward to the captain and Revi. Leorio, Gon and Kurapika stood up as well.

"Bingo!"

Revi sighed, "does that mean we failed the test?"

"If you want it to be that way, then I can fail you, I doubt that you wanted to be failed. So, I'll give you more time because we didn't have the time earlier," the captain smiled.

Revi's mouth slightly curved upwards, then it quickly dropped into a straight line as soon as it came, "I want to become a hunter because I need to search for someone. I was separated from them when I was young. If being a hunter could help me search for them, I would give it a shot."

"I understand, now what about you, Aile?," the taller man questioned, lowering his smoking device while turning himself to look at Aile.

"I want to become a hunter because it sounds really interesting and dangerous at the same time. I would also like to see what its like!"

The captain raised his left eyebrow, "oh really?" Aile nodded. "Well then, good luck."

"Thanks!" He nodded as a reply.

The captain cleared his throat, "let me repeat, all five of you passed the test." He laughed again, "I'll lead you all to Dolle Island safe and sound."

"That's great! But are you sure this old thing can make it there without sinking?," Leorio chortled.

The captain laughed again, "come on! Have a little faith."

-

Sorry if this was rushed. I'm just really busy lately ;-;

16/07/2018
Yea_TaeCup