Protecting The Kitty Angel

Coming home after bringing Leah home to the orphanage she stayed in, Lips was both exhausted, but extremely warm and giddy. He felt accomplished that he asked Leah to go out with him, and even won the bonus of their first kiss. Lips was pleased to finally have a girlfriend. Shutting the front door quietly behind him just so he didn't wake his band mates, Lips's body sled down to the floor as he remembered each moment of how his first kiss felt. It brought him warmth and excitement the moment he kissed Leah and hugged her. Lips could only assume Leah felt the same way.

His mind slipped back into reality as he heard someone clear his throat in the living room. Lips gasped and turned during a sigh of relief when he saw Floyd and Dr.Teeth on the couch, most likely going over some music sheets for another gig.

"Hey we were wonderin' where you were, man!" Floyd said, patting a spot on the couch for Lips to sit down.

"Yeah, Janice got worried when you didn't follow us." Dr.Teeth said, "Where were ya?"

Lips beamed. "Well let's just say...long story short..." he said, smiling, "I just had the best night of my life with the best girl I know."

Dr.Teeth and Floyd gasped.

"No way you finally went on a date with Leah?" Floyd asked, slapping the back of Lips's shoulder happily, "Congrats man! Give us the deets!"

"Now Floyd I'm sure he's not into getting into details on this little date him and her had." Dr.Teeth cautiously warned his friend.

"Oh don't you go warnin' the bassman, Doctor Teeth." Lips said, "We just went out to dinner then went to them fair grounds to watch the sunset."

Dr.Teeth grinned. "Anything else?" he asked.

Lips blushed red.

"Wha-hold it! Hold it! HOOOOOLD IT!!" Floyd exclaimed shaking Lips's shoulder, "You kissed her! Ya finally kissed her didn't ya??" 

Lips blushed mildly, remembering the feeling again. "M-maybe?" Lips replied.

Dr.Teeth laughed as he patted Lips's other shoulder. "I knew ya had it in you!" he said, "I think it's high time for you to celebrate, my friend! There's some beer in the fridge. I'll fish it out."

"Thanks Teeth, but maybe for another night alright?" Lips said, holding his head, "That sake I had is takin' a toll on my head..."

"You sure it ain't the afro?" Floyd joked, laughing, and earning a look on Lips's face.

"Anyway," Lips said, "I should probably get to bed." 

"Yeah I'm sure you'll feel better in the morning." Floyd said.

"Hey where is everyone?" Lips asked, walking up the stairs slowly and stopping in the middle.

"Janice went out with that Gweyn girl from her ariel contortion class." Floyd replied, "And the Saxobeat is up giving Animal a bath."

"I say you better go help 'im, Floyd." Lips suggested, "Don't want Zoot sore in the mornin'."

Floyd cackled. "Yeah you're right." 

"Night boys." Lips said as he walked upstairs.

"Night Lips." Floyd and Dr.Teeth both said.

Lips chuckled as he overhears Zoot and Animal yelling at each other in the bathroom as Zoot desperately tries to give Animal a bath.

Approaching his bedroom and shutting the door behind him, Lips slipped into his pajamas and hopped into bed. As he clicked his lamp off, he fell asleep.