xvii. GROUPCHAT / REAL LIFE

ollie 🌺
so okay I know you guys
are fed up with me talking
about timothee, but can I
rant one last time????

the salty bro
no

ollie 🌺
okay well you don't have to
be so rude about it jax

lottie
first off, hi I'm back and I have
a weekend off from filming

lottie
second, I wasn't even here for
some of your ranting about
him and yet I'm annoyed by
it

allie 🥀
forget about them ollie, if you
need to talk I can just come over

the famous bro
um yeah that'd be nice cause I'm
on a date rn and I'm muting you
guys so...

the salty bro
sPEAKING OF DATES

lottie
NO I AM NOT SETTING YOU
UP WITH JOE GET OVER IT

the salty bro
WHY DO YOU WANT ME TO
BE ALONE FOREVER!!!

the salty bro
I GUESS I'LL JUST BE A
CRAZY CATMAN NOW

lottie
GOOD

allie 🥀
ollie? you okay?

ollie 🌺
I'm fine, but can you come over?

allie 🥀
of course

— 💎 —

"Ollie?" Alice's voice rang as she entered the apartment, using her own key that Oliver had gotten for her when he first purchased the place. He could hear her moving around the apartment, finding him on the couch watching a movie as she let out a sigh at the sight of him. "You look like you haven't showered in three weeks."

         "One, but good guess," he said, and it was true. Since he had gotten back from his meeting with Timothée, he hadn't showered, anxious for his reply and then too sad.

         Alice didn't say anything else about his hygiene, taking a seat beside him on the couch, forcing him to share his blanket with her. She wrinkled up her nose, "God, you smell awful."

         "I told you it's been a week," Oliver rolled his eyes as he gave his defense.

         She looked at him for another moment, deciding before speaking, "So, what happened?"

         Oliver looked down, like a broken man. "He said he didn't want me," he confessed, "I mean, I was expecting it but it really hurt."

         "I'm sorry, Ollie," Alice said sincerely as she wrapped him in a hug.

         He shook his head, "No, I deserved it. I did, Allie. And-And he started off by saying we could still be friends but I know he doesn't. It's just a bullshit way of telling me to get lost to maybe spare my feelings."

         "Well, maybe he does want to be you friend," Alice tried, "You two were so close even before you got together, even closer than the two of us."

         "Yeah, because I was making a move on him," Oliver rolled his eyes, "But it's not like that. I told him I just wanted him to be happy, which is true but also not – does that make sense? Like, I want him to be happy but I also just want him to be happy with me. I think I just told him that because I wanna help him. He doesn't need to be thinking about me and my shit anymore."

         "Ollie..."

         "No, no. Don't. I have continuously hurt him over and over again and this whole thing was a mistake. I don't know why I thought it would be a good idea to talk to him again. But, fuck, Allie, I really want him. I love him so much it hurts, but he doesn't love me," Oliver finishes, lip quivering as he tried not to cry.

         Alice wraps him in another hug as he lets the tears fall. "He does love you, baby. He loves you but he's just scared, he needs time to get over it. You gotta give that to him and just be his friend."

         "I can't," Oliver chocked on his tears a bit, "He blocked me."

         She let out a shaky breath and nodded. "It'll be okay, it'll be okay," Alice chanted softly over and over again as he continued to cry, Call Me By Your Name still playing in the background.