Prologue

"𝐈𝐟 𝐰𝐞 𝐝𝐨 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐞𝐧𝐝 𝐰𝐚𝐫, 𝐰𝐚𝐫 𝐰𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐞𝐧𝐝 𝐮𝐬." - 𝐇.𝐆. 𝐖𝐞𝐥𝐥𝐬

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The three moons of Pyrrhia hung in the midnight sky, one full and bright, silver and beautiful; the other two were only thin crescents in the sky.

Below them was a small island, where an aquamarine green SeaWing sat quietly on the small body of land, a palm tree hanging over him and blocking the moons' rays. The sea dragon held a tiny pearl, barely the size of his talons, and he examined it closely. Prince Caspian has been planning on doing this for years, and the time has come.

Caspian blinked slowly, the soft seabreeze blowing against his scales. "I enchant," Caspian says, his voice low and raspy, "this pearl to hold my animus magic. Allow any dragon who welds this pearl to inherit my abilities, and do not let any other animus alter the pearl."

Caspian felt like something knocked the wind out of him, and the old dragon stumbled back, shuttering, flaring his light sky blue wings in the process. He collected his thoughts together as he smiled lightly. His magic was sealed into the pearl-- oh thank the moons. He didn't want his magic to go to waste after he dies. What if Pyrrhia is getting attacked, and the only way to save the continent's dragons was with magic? Of course, the dragons of Pyrrhia could always use Princess Anemone for help, but, Queen Coral was most likely going to ditch everyone else and save herself and her family. Caspian snorted at the thought of his mother. She didn't even care about her son---

Focus, Caspian mentally hissed at himself. He still had to bury the pearl and notify the dragons about it.. it like a scavenger hunt. He giggled at the thought of thousands of dragons looking around Pyrrhia for a tiny pearl, getting confused with other small, pink-colored gems or even other random pearls in the sea. His mind began to drift from thought to thought, and the SeaWing blankly stared at the moons before blinking repeatedly. FOCUS, CASPIAN!

Caspian dug his talons onto the cool sand, scooping up a clawful of it. He gently set the pearl into the hole, so gently that it looked like it was the most delicate object in all of Pyrrhia. He felt a tinge of uncertainly run through his head. Was this really the best thing to do? What if an evil dragon gets their talons on the gem? His magic could change Pyrrhia forever, and he may never live long enough to even know who'll retrieve the gem and what they'll use it for. Maybe a good, educated dragon would find the gem. Caspian snorted lightly. All he could do was hope for the best.

He poured the sand in his talons into the hole, concealing the gem before patting down the small hill of sand until it was flat. Hide the gem, done.

Caspian turned his large body towards the dark, vast ocean before him. He slithered into the cold water, vanishing below the waves and swimming back to his home.

I hope to the Moons that I don't regret this while I'm gone, Caspian thought.