Chapter 13: Confrontation

Seven weeks later...

Envy's ears perked forward as heard someone knock on his bedroom, disturbing his peace. It's been a few weeks after the events of discovering the scroll near the Ice Kingdom. Every dragon across Pyrrhia had been getting the news of two dragonets on the verge of finding the Gem of Tyranny, and while most were astonished, others despised of the two and occasionally attempted to kill them. Luckily, with such praise from the community, Envy and Newt has been dubbed as the 'new kings of the continent', however, they never understood their actual goal. Envy and Newt did not want to rule over every dragon in Pyrrhia or take over the entire continent-- they didn't want anyone to rule over the continent at all. Maybe there was a worthy dragon out there, but how could they make sure? 

Envy reverently rubbed his talons along the silken mattress before leaping off of the bed, and walking to the door. They were treated like royalty here in Cinderfell, almost as if the city was their own kingdom. The dragons of Cinderfell honored Envy and Newt for their help and their objective, and now, the citizens were even under the protection of the two dragons. There was no need to hide their identity anymore. They were pretty much famous.

"Good evening, Prince Envy. Good evening, Newt," said Conger, Envy and Newt's personal servant. The SeaWing was spruce-blue, matte green eyes with specks of green within the membrane of her darker blue wings. She had pearl earrings and golden bracelets on her ankles, in the summer sunlight it glittered like the sun-kissed ocean lapping the sands. Her lighter blue horns were unusually curling downwards, and more pearls were wrapped around her horns.

"Good evening, Conger," Envy and Newt says simultaneously. Newt lifted his head up from the cool, velvet pillows, opening his small wings to stretch them. Conger gave the two a small smile.

"Caracal has some news for you two," Conger stated. "The SkyWings has just defeated the MudWings in a small battle a few days back and, unfortunately, took their soldiers. Lots of dragons suspect that the SkyWings are now aiming for other bigger tribes, and maybe even us. They've gotten the news of you're accomplishment of finding second scroll, and I reckon that they may be coming after you two."

Newt flicked his spiked tail angrily, a cold mist leaking from his nostrils. "I dare them to come after us," the IceWing hissed. 

Envy felt like "daring" the SkyWings too. They have no idea what kind of abilities he and Newt has-- plus, with a flawless army that knows how to fight in multiple dragon styles, Envy and Newt could easily wipe them out. But, Envy thought about his decision for a moment or so. Would threatening the sky dragons increase the probability of them attacking? Envy curled his tail lightly. The chances of the SkyWings attacking was high, and he wished his foresight powers could show him every potential timeline and how to get to a certain outcome. Now that could be very beneficial. The risk of their entire army getting killed wasn't certain, though it was possible, but Envy doubted it. It's not like the SkyWings were dumb enough to send their whole army to battle two dragonets and an average-sized military force.

"Send a dragon to Queen Ruby's palace," Envy finally says to Conger. "Tell her, that if she even attempts to attack me or Newt, no mercy will be shown in the battlefield. They will undergo our wrath and the same fate as the very MudWings they had conquered. Surrendering will not be valid if they choose to battle us."

Conger bowed slightly, lowering her wings. "Yes, Prince Envy," she says. The sea dragon turned, and softly closed the bedroom door on her way out.

Once the door shut completely, Envy's ears swiveled back. "I don't think that was a right choice," he sighed. Newt's tail flicked again.