Chapter 14: Combustion of the Skies

The fragile, old sheet of paper almost became delicate snowflakes with the touch of Envy's claw.   

The creatures who had killed the SandWing queen seems to live with some kind of violent gene. They have a long history for being theives, taking anything that they can retrieve. They are small, but that isn't all. They come in many colors and shapes, and they have an odd resemblance to apes.

In the creature's home is a sword, if taken from the two-legs, then what is given is the award. The weapon glows bright, it's light like the three moons' on the brightest night. Take the blade to the SeaWing's destroyed home, past where criminals and wrongdoers roam.

The riddle seemed to be longer than the others. Must be important, Envy assumed. Newt sat next to his friend, sitting on a pillow with his tail wrapped around his talons. They both attempted to decipher the riddle together-- and luckily, it wasn't as hard as they thought.

"Obviously, it's a scavenger," Newt says. "They killed Queen Oasis. They're known to be theives, and they're small. However, I did not know they can come in different colors."

Envy flicked his tail. "In the creature's home is a sword, if taken from the two-legs, then what is given is the award. A sword? We have to steal a sword from scavengers? Darn-- Caspian is really trying to kill us."

"What do you mean? We just gotta-- run in there, snatch it, and fly off." Newt shuffled his wings.

"Queen Oasis was about forty years old, Newt. And three, THREE scavengers killed her, single-handedly. And we're dragonets, against about-- maybe a hundred of scavengers? Even with our powers, they could kill us before we're able to transform!"

"It's a stretch, but you never know," Newt huffs. "If we walk in there, peacefully, they could kill us!"

"If we don't portray ourselves as a thre--"

Two RainWings barge into the room, the door swinging open and slamming into the wall. Both of the rainforest dragon's scales were dark purple, before instantly beginning to convert to a bright golden yellow. They both come in horribly-- one of them toppled over the other, their scales flashing red for a moment or so as their snout smashed into the floor. Hastily, they adjust their posture and position, standing up straight.

"Prince Envy! Prin-- I mean, Newt! " The female RainWing, who was green-eyed, said. Envy noticed that parts of her tail was slowly fading into hues of brown and black, only to be flushed out with light violet and yellow seconds later. The male RainWing, who's eyes were blue and had a small tear in the membrane of his lilac purple wings, stepped forward. "Queen Gl--Glory has asked to have an appointment. With, you two! At the Rainforest Kingdom!"

"Important business," the female adds. "She didn't-- didn't tell us what it was about, however. But she told us to tell you to come immediately!"

"...Oh," Envy said as he rolled the scroll back up. "I'd never expect Queen Glory to need our help, but, she is a friendly queen for the most part."

 However, Envy could faintly sense uncertainty and fear in the RainWing's minds. He was just about to ask them what is the matter, until he thought that perhaps with everything going on, they were simply just nervous and tense. He couldn't blame them, though, it did not explain the odd coloring of 'happiness' within the dragon's scales. RainWings change color depending on their mood; if their mind showed one emotion, why did their scales show a completely different one?

Newt yawned. "Let's get this over with. Hopefully whatever Queen Glory needs, it isn't too bad."

"Come, come!" The female RainWing urged. "Her Majesty isn't a fan of being kept waiting!"